The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 24, 2013, 01:53 PM   #26
vyse.04

I know this is an older thread, but I think a lot can be said with being familiar with the particular brand. While the T9/TP9 are larger than the MK9/PM9, they are still within the realm of CC. Looking at it without another gun in the picture makes it look huge, but when you put something else in with it I think perceptions change... at least for me anyway. The first Kahr that I shot was a TP9 (wanted a PM9), and that led me to buy a K9 as I thought it was a good middle ground choice.

A larger single stack may have limited use when you can get a Glock/Sig/Springfield/S&W/etc., but not everyone likes the feel of some of the thicker double stacks. I think another thing to consider is that the steel frame Kahrs came before the polymer craze. Not everyone (myself included) is in a hurry to "upgrade" to a smaller/lighter firearm.
Old February 24, 2013, 09:29 PM   #27
mrvco

I'm a big fan of my CW-9. It carries easily and shoots accurately. I wouldn't mind owning a K40 or T40 as well.

I do wish Kahr would do a better job of organizing or classifying their 80 different models of handguns on their website.
Old February 24, 2013, 10:04 PM   #28
Dan-O

I think Kahrs classification system for their different models is actually pretty easy. Now the Smith and Wesson 3rd gen autos, now that's confusing.