The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 14, 2008, 07:57 AM   #1
buck-hunter

DPMS

I ordered 2 pmags from them when i THOUGHT I saw they were giving free shipping. Guess i didnt notice a $35.00 minimum order. (So they say) Got a email confirmation which stated $0.00 shipping. When i received the mags packing slip showed a $15.95 shipping charge Called them to complain to no avail. Told me they didnt include the shipping charge on the e mail confirmation because they didnt know what the shipping charges would be till item was shipped (B.S.) It doesnt cost $15 to ups 2 mags. My fault i should have paid more attention.
Old March 14, 2008, 12:36 PM   #2
Playboypenguin

I do not see how that is DPMS's fault. You admit that you failed to notice it stated a $35 minimum was required. I guess you want them to pay for shipping on and order that is so small the profit is less than the shipping charges.
Old March 14, 2008, 12:45 PM   #3
shooter_john

I have never had anything but GREAT service from DPMS... Even gotten some springs and other small parts before.
Old March 14, 2008, 01:29 PM   #4
buck-hunter

Well i'm not sure if its my fault or not..Like i said i didint see anywhere that it said there was a $35 minimum. When i placed the order there was nothing on the website stating a minimum $ amount. I think somewhere during the order process it should have warned me shipping & handling charges will be added. Even the email notification said nothing about shipping not included.Total on the invoice was for the 2 mags....$0.00 shipping. I'm not trying to cheat anyone. Im just saying i wasnt informed. If i had known there was a minimum i would have ordered 4 mags instead of 2. They were the ones advertising free shipping. Not my fault if there not making a profit on a small order. Alot of companys take a loss on small items hoping to get you to buy the bigger items while your shopping.
Old March 14, 2008, 05:48 PM   #5
Rant Casey

Keep in mind shipping is "shipping and handling" for the most part, meaning you're paying for someone to package the items, after all labor isnt free and time is money. That's why almost every company charges more than what it costs to ship an item. You have to take into consideration that shipping supplies aren't free either.
Old March 14, 2008, 06:43 PM   #6
Don H

I looked at the online catalog and it states quite clearly that there is a $35 minimum to qualify for the free online shipping.
Old March 17, 2008, 02:55 PM   #7
buck-hunter

Where did you see that Don? Ive looked and looked and dont see anywhere it mentions it.
Old March 18, 2008, 09:09 AM   #8
pitman

Check out FAQ #21: https://www.dpmsinc.com/support/faq.aspx
Old March 18, 2008, 12:42 PM   #9
buck-hunter

I found it under FAQ. I looked under shipping and no mention there. I know now. I still think somewhere during the ordering process i should have been informed of the shipping charges. REALLY how many people would look under FAQ. Wouldnt the first place to look be shipping? Right now on AR15.COM. DMPS has a banner going across the screen advertising free shipping. No mention of min orders.

Last edited by buck-hunter; March 18, 2008 at 12:46 PM. Reason: add on
Old March 29, 2008, 12:22 AM   #10
nvhunter2

DPMS are good people and a good product at a good price what more could you ask.
Old March 29, 2008, 12:30 AM   #11
darrentxs

$15.95 for S&H on 2 mags is ridiculous. Thanks for the warning.
Old March 29, 2008, 10:43 AM   #12
Hoss Fly

DPMS makes a great product (products) & i've always been pleased with prices & service
IMO a Company should'nt be knocked here or anywhere for such a trivial matter or "mistake"

Besides -I looked at the online catalog and it states quite clearly that there is a $35 minimum to qualify for the free online shipping DITTO with wat Don said ----
Old March 29, 2008, 11:06 AM   #13
itman

I'm sorry but $15 S&H is ridicules. If DPMS were good guys they would see this mistake and fix it. And in my book putting something at the bottom of a FAQ is BS.
Old April 11, 2008, 08:53 AM   #14
Oppy

I doubt I'd see that kind of S&H charge on EBAY for the weight we are talking about. But at least there you expect it...

"The trouble with trouble is that it always starts out as fun".