The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old March 11, 2006, 11:08 AM   #1
Charles L. Cotton

2006 Texas State IDPA Championship

PSC-IDPA is hosting the Texas State IDPA Championship for the 6th year in a row on Saturday June 3, 2006 at the PSC range in Friendswood, Texas.

We have been working since the 2005 Championship to develop new innovative target systems and our Skunk Works guys have done a great job. Computer-controlled pneumatic targets will be used in selected locations throughout the match, as well as more traditional pop-up's, swingers, drop-turners and movers.

This match may also be the closest thing to a Hollywood movie set when it comes to props. Our Prop Committee has gone a long way toward eliminating the need to "visualize this setting" by creating far more realistic props, some integral to the shooting sequence and some merely to "set the stage."

Registration forms and information can be found at http://www.cottonfamily.com/psc-idpa Click on the State Match button for additional information and the Registration Form. If you plan to shoot with us, get your Registration and match fee in soon. The cut-off for the Early Bird Drawing for a pistol is April 15, 2006 and the match is strictly limited to 200 shooters. 150 will shoot on Saturday, June 3rd and 50 will shoot with the match staff on Friday, June 2nd. The Registration fee includes a match T-Shirt, if it is received by May 3, 2006 (our deadline for ordering the shirts.)

The 2006 Texas State IDPA Championship is shaping up to be a great match with new props, fun and challenging target systems, and even more international shooters than in prior years. There's more, but I can't give up all of our secrets! Come join us; whether you are a Master Class or Novice Class shooter, you'll have a great time.

Regards,
Chas.
Old March 12, 2006, 08:03 PM   #2
sindiesel666

I'm hoping to be back from Iraq deployment in time for this shoot...
Old March 13, 2006, 09:55 PM   #3
Charles L. Cotton

Stay safe & thanks for your service!

Regards,
Chas.
Old March 22, 2006, 02:39 PM   #4
nscale

Hello Mr. Cotton,
I know the rules say you are allowed to shoot one competition before you join IDPA, but I would like to come out and shoot one more before I decide. Is there any flexibility in this rule? Last time was great except for an over zealous SO wrestling with the brother in law

Brett Ford