The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old January 29, 2014, 08:33 PM   #1
psychohellbilly666

Bad customer service ar15sales.com

I always believe in giving props when I receive good cs (Springfield, sig, ruger) but also in sharing bad experiences. A friend recently purchased a left handed stag ar15 upper from Pete at ar15sales. He tried it on a dpms lower. It wouldn't function. It would not cycle back far enough to strip a new round from the mag. I told him sounded like a gas port problem. He sent it to stag for service. Well they said nothing wS wrong. Told him to try another lower. So he did. A psa lower. Still won't cycle. He's contacted both ar15sales and stag. Stag won't do anything more. Says it's ar15sales issue now since that's where he purchased it. Ar15sales says he has junk lowers and won't do anything. Just wanted to share his experience and alert other buyers who may be considering a purchase from either company.
Old January 29, 2014, 08:43 PM   #2
psychohellbilly666

I also should state that both his dpms and psa lowers function just fine on other uppers. With no issues. Not even a fte or ftf.
Old January 29, 2014, 08:48 PM   #3
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Sounds like he needs to know from Stag just which brand of lower was used to check out the Stag upper.

This sort of "won't work" problem is not common, but my LGS has such come in from time to time.
Old January 29, 2014, 08:53 PM   #4
tahunua001

as much as I hate bad CS, I find it difficult to believe that either company really came out and said that they are not going to do anything and that two separate, name brand AR lowers are junk and that nothing is wrong with their product.

second, and this is not dissing on your friend at all but AR15sales.com looks pretty sketchy in the first place. I had never heard of it before now and looked at it just to see what they were all about. it is a barebones website, pretty hastily pieced together. with a generic home page that really offers nothing but a couple stock pics and a slogan fit for a used car salesman. all of their LMT items, rather than having prices are listed as "$call", meaning the guy has no real online presence and only has as site so that he can refer you to his shop which, is likely in his garage since he has no pics of the premises or a "where we've come from" like most companies have. I would have never put a dollar down, especially when his prices are higher than what stag has on their online store to begin with.

I'm thinking that your friend got screwed by a shady business man that he should have researched first and then when he cried to stag and didn't get instant gratification he flew off the handle. nothing against your friend or anything but I can only put so much stock into a second hand public service announcement without getting very skeptical.
Old January 29, 2014, 08:55 PM   #5
Willie Lowman

Did the OP's friend try different buffer weights?
Old January 30, 2014, 01:49 AM   #6
pumpactionskeeter

Wasn't quite ready to publicly bad mouth anybody yet. Pete and I are still trying to resolve the issue but here is the story. I saw the the upper I wanted was about $30 cheaper through Petes site then through the Stag site. I researched it and discovered that Pete was a reputable dealer and didn't find anything negative about him. I oredered the lower and received it fairly quickly. When I took it out to shoot it it wasn't cycling back far enough to retrieve the next round from the magazine. I tried shooting it on another lower I have it it did the same thing. My feeling was since my dpms upper functioned flawlessly on both lowets and the Stag functioned on neither it had to be the upper. I shipped it back to stag and they told me they cycled two 30 round mags flawlessly so they polished the feed ramps and shipped it back. They suggested I try a rifle buffer or a carbine witchever one i wasn't useing they also said try different ammo and different mags. Obviously I tried different ammo and mags before I ever shipped it back. Also my dpms has an A2 stock with a rifle buffer and my PSA has a colaspeable stock with a carbine buffer. I called stag and told them I didn't want to mess with it anymore and would just like to have a refund. They said OK and and asked if I had purchased it through them and I said no I got it through ar15sales.com they said that since I gave Pete my money I had to get a refund from him.I called Pete and he told me that if stag said they couldn't find an issue with it then it had to be my lowers. He reffered to my lowers as "bottom of the barrel junk" and said that he can't be responsible for them. He said he would ship me a Stag buffer and spring free of charge but didn't know what else he could do. That is where we are now
Old January 30, 2014, 10:39 AM   #7
pumpactionskeeter

The issue is resolved I will be shipping the upper back to Stag and Pete will be crediting the funds back to my card. Admin or hellbilly whichever sees this first please delete this thread
Old January 30, 2014, 01:51 PM   #8
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Moved to Feedback
Closed Thread