The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 30, 2005, 12:26 PM   #1
rmagill

Looking for an IWB holster for a Glock 19

I recently purchased a Glock 19 and am looking for an inexpensive IWB holster for strong side carry. From placing the gun within my waistband without a holster, I think I would also be interested in a slight forward cant. I am 5'9" medium build and normally wear loose fitting t-shirt and jeans. I am considering adding a flannel shirt (or similar outerwear) for added concealment. What type of holster do you recomend? Thanks.
Old March 30, 2005, 08:36 PM   #2
don't shoot it's me

Check out the FIST #1 with forward cant at www.gunnersalley.com I have one for my P7 and it rocks....under 50 shipped....unless you want a sweatshield for 8 bucks more....about the thinnest leather holster I've ever seen without going to unmolded crap...
Old March 31, 2005, 06:55 AM   #3
Coop de Ville

Lou Alessi talon plus.
"If chance be the father of all flesh, disaster is his rainbow in the sky. And when you hear a 'state of emergencies, sniper kills ten, troops on rampage, whites go looting, bomb blasts school,' it is but the sound of man , worshipping his maker." - S. Turner
Old March 31, 2005, 09:46 AM   #4
Eric Larsen

Well define inexpensive......less than 50, 75$.......What? The fist is a stellar rig.
Mine run around the same and less than Alessi stuff. Just check stuff out.
Shoot well.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice......Rush
Old March 31, 2005, 10:46 AM   #5
Dilligaf

Quote:
I recently purchased a Glock 19 and am looking for an inexpensive IWB holster for strong side carry.
The old saying, "You get what you pay for" must have been coined for holsters. It is never more true than with IWB holsters. You can go cheap and find some workable rigs, but if you bite the bullet, spend a little more, you will get a quality holster that is miles better than the cheap one you might have saved a few dollars on.

I bought and tried a dozen IWB holsters over the years, some fairly good, some bad, some I wouldn't wish on Bill Clinton. Even the best of these I tossed in the "Almost" box after wearing it a time or two. The only one I have found that is consitently comfortable in every situation I have thrown at it so far is my Tucker Gunleather "The Answer" holster. At $115.00, it is not the cheapest, not the most expensive one out there, but it is the best I have ever found.

http://store.yahoo.com/rlcompanyusa/answer.html

I do not work for Tucker, have no financial stake in, connection to or other interest in Tucker's business, I just like the holster.
Old March 31, 2005, 02:11 PM   #6
Jalex

Iwb Holster

Look At Kramer Leather. They Have Several Styles To
Choose From.
I Use One Made From Horse Hide With Double Thick
Belt Also Of Horse Hide.
Very Stable Easy Draw One Handed Reholster
You Will Forget You'er Wearing It
Why Horse Hide?
It Retains Shape If It Gets Wet It Will Return
To Original Form When It Drys.
I Carry Full Size 1911 With Just A T-shirt
You Can't See It Even Looking For It
Ain't Cheap But Very Good Quality

Jim
Old March 31, 2005, 07:56 PM   #7
don't shoot it's me

I love Alessi's stuff...I wear his CQC/S all the time...but I traded away my talon for the fist...the clip on the talon is narrow and it also hooks on the pants seam under the belt...this is okay for lighter guns but I found the P7 moved around too much...with the fist, I can wear the clip over the belt which give me much more support...also the leather on the fist is thinner than the talon and doesn't have a reinforced collar..but you can still holster it one handed.

And check out Eric's wares....only heard good things about them and the prices are very reasonable....
Old March 31, 2005, 09:22 PM   #8
JerryM

I have not owned all good holsters. However, I find that my favorite IWB is the ExC from Sparks. The extra leather skirt makes it conform to the body and not have the mussle digging into your body.

Yesterday I wore one, with the same gun a Kahr P9, from a different maker who has a good reputation, but the holster is not reinforced in the mouth and will not stay open. That is important to me as I put the holster on, and then place the gun inside the holster. If it collapses it is very difficult to get the gun into the holster when it is worn to the rear of the centerline of the body.
I also did not like the distance between the straps. It makes it too hard to get on, and I have to pull my pants and belt around as far as I can to get the rear strap on.

Some do not mind the strap spacing on such holsters, but I do.

Jerry
Ecclesiastes 12:13  ¶Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Old April 1, 2005, 12:17 PM   #9
rmagill

Thanks for the help. I'm strongly considering the FIST.
Old August 2, 2005, 03:50 PM   #10
bendable

I like my IWB from www.predator-holsters.com
its kydex, but with a lifetime warrenty
Old August 5, 2005, 10:45 AM   #11
Coop de Ville

Also,

I carry my SA 1911 in a Milt Sparks watch 6. Very comfortable and very stable.... although it is a bit thinner than the glock.

I carry my 19 and 26 in a high noon iwb (something alley?)
Very thin... one layer like suede. Problem is that if the belt is not taught over it it doesn't stay in the holster at all.

Best -Coop
"If chance be the father of all flesh, disaster is his rainbow in the sky. And when you hear a 'state of emergencies, sniper kills ten, troops on rampage, whites go looting, bomb blasts school,' it is but the sound of man , worshipping his maker." - S. Turner
Old August 7, 2005, 10:59 AM   #12
mtcraigco

Cross-Breed IWB

Check out my post in "gear for sale" regarding the "Cross-Breed IWB"
Old August 7, 2005, 12:29 PM   #13
ScaryWoody

My Glock 23 rides in a Milt Sparks Summer Special. The most comfortable IWB I have used. They are priced around $65. I have also used a Desantis Tuck-This for around $28 but I don't find that as comfortable and it doesn't hold open for an easy reholster.