The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Closed Thread

Old April 6, 2013, 08:43 PM   #51
2ndtimer

FWIW, I just bought a new GP-100 6" stainless in .357 Mag. at the local hardware store where my son works the gun counter for $569 plus tax. He called me when they came in and said they had 2 of the 4" and 2 of the 6" if I wanted one. Same price on each, his employee discount doesn't apply to firearms since they have a minimal mark up on them. He picked the 6" that had the nicer trigger for me and set it aside for me to pick up. I have had a few GP-100's over the years in both barrel lengths. It is true they are nothing special, but they are a very solid, reliable, well made strong .357 Magnum revolver. I am happy to have another one. It will save some wear and tear on my classic S&W Model 28 Highway Patrolman 4". I still have an older SP-101 2" with a wolf spring kit that is a very nice carry gun when I feel comfortable with only 5 shots. Usually feel better with the Glock 19.
Old April 6, 2013, 09:35 PM   #52
jad0110

Quote:
I don't see why the panic buying is effecting revolvers though... with a capacity ban in place revolvers would be king again. But usually you try to panic buy what will be banned before it's banned not what will be available.

Strange times.
That's because there is more at work here than a fear of a new AWB. People are seeing their gubment dig a 1+ trillion dollar hole every year and many instinctively know that if it continues year after year, decade after decade, it isn't going to end well. Honestly, that's what all this talk (bordering on obsession) of "zombies" and "the zombie apocolypse" is all about.

So a good number of those people don't own a gun, and they are happy to get whatever they can. I know more than one coworker, friend or family member that is in that situation.
Old April 6, 2013, 11:02 PM   #53
Mike Irwin
Staff

And when we start talking about zombies, that's when we've lost the bubble.

Closed.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread