The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 7, 2008, 07:40 AM   #1
Johnc

Tripod recommendation for spotting scope

I just ordered a new spotting scope and I need a recommendation on a tripod for it. I am looking for a small table top model. The scope is a Celestron C90. It weighs a bit over three pounds. I know the importance of a stable tripod, however, I am not looking to spend a fortune. I will be viewing .22 and .223 at 200 yards max mostly. Of particular interest to me is what you guys with the C90 scopes are using. Although, I welcome any advise including suppliers for tripods.

Thanks

John
Old July 14, 2008, 10:38 AM   #2
Johnc

WOW! I am surprised that no one had any input on this thread. I answered my own question and ordered a Bushnell 783011. If anyone is considering a spotting scope I can HIGHLY recommend the C90 Celestron. Despite the temporary cheap mini tripod I used, the scope was excellent. With the correct tripod and the new lens I ordered for the scope, this combo will be great.