The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 17, 2019, 08:33 AM   #1
AzShooter

Pleasant surprise on new Mark IV 22/45 frame

After building my 22/45 Lite with all Volquartsen parts including a 6 inch LLV barrel I ended up with an extra barrel in the safe. Wondering what to do I finally found a spare frame from WirthweinGuns.com.

This frame was so new that it even has the new flat faced Gold trigger. I was please to find the trigger pull at 3 3/4 pounds with a little take-up but nice and crisp.

My top end went on tight but manageable and fits real well. Now, for a small investment I have a second gun.
Old January 17, 2019, 11:21 AM   #2
gnystrom

Nice. I love that setup.

I took my MKIII Target 22/45 and bought an entire Volquartsen lower. The alloy lower made it feel like a different gun. I sold the original lower to a member of a different forum.
Old January 17, 2019, 03:38 PM   #3
Areoflyer09

Nice! My MkIII 22/45 was closer to 5 gritty pounds, so that a wonderful surprise. I may have left my 22/45 alone had it been that nice.

Granted, my 3 lowers with VQ parts are in the 1lb 5oz to 1lb 9oz range. So much for the 2 1-/lb trigger claim with that kit.