The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 6, 2019, 08:20 AM   #26
IAhunter

I too carried an issued P2000 on duty for over 10 years. The OP's friend and I may have worked for the same agency. Mine was in .40 S&W with the LEM trigger. I fired many thousands of rounds through that pistol over the years and only remember ever having one malfunction (FTF) and that was right before I retired late last year. I had failed to seat the magazine properly after a reload.

Although I was not fond of the trigger and was not impressed with the gun's overall accuracy, I did like the gun and do plan to buy one. I already miss the one I was issued.
Extremely reliable and user friendly gun.
Old January 6, 2019, 08:24 AM   #27
USNRet93

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJNA View Post
Outstanding guns. I just have two wish items - short reset and a single stack frame.

It’d be a great carry gun, a single stack P2000SK with a short reset.
Glock 43X???

Ok, I'll stop..

"Tools not Trophies”
Old January 6, 2019, 03:32 PM   #28
Mike Irwin
Staff

IAhunter,

my friend was with the US Park Police for 33 years.

Started off carrying a Model 10 revolver, transitioned to an HK P7M13, then transitioned to the P2000 for the last few years of his career before he retired.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old January 6, 2019, 05:50 PM   #29
JJNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRet93 View Post
Glock 43X???

Ok, I'll stop..
I’ll be getting that and the G48, but I wish H&K would make a single stack.
Old January 13, 2019, 10:15 PM   #30
Brian48

I have a p2000sk V3. I carry it every now and then. Bought it on impulse a while back. Of my subcompact 9mms, it's definitely the most accurate and completely reliable with every type of ammo I've thrown it. If you like DA/SA, it's a good choice. The only thing I don't like about it is the gap between finger extension and the mag well tends to pinch my pinky when I'm shooting. Really annoying. The other is the ridiculously heavy DA pull. The heavy pull I was able to rectify, but not the finger pinch problem.

To be perfectly honest, I actually like my MP9c better. The ergonomics are superior in my opinion.