The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old October 18, 2018, 10:55 AM   #1
dchartier

CZ Scorpion Front Sight Post is Locked

Hi all,

I have a new CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 carbine. I've adjusted the front sight elevation a few times, but now the front sight post is locked--I can't raise or lower it. Whether I use an AR sight adjustment tool or picks, I can push down the detent and rotate the front post maybe an 1/8th of the way to the next click, but that's the maximum rotation I can get. I've removed the front sight from the handrail to try to get more leverage, but the problem persists. In case it matters, it looks like the front post is lowered as far as it can go.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Thanks.
Doug
Old October 18, 2018, 06:20 PM   #2
marine6680

Call CZ if it is their sight.

They can send you a new one no problem, not like a fixed signt that you have to send in the rifle.

Or you can just buy a full set of replacements if you want something different.
Old October 18, 2018, 07:03 PM   #3
TJB101

Scorpion sights are really low. Can’t squash my fat head into my stock to see them ... with a folding stock they really need to be a tad higher.
Old October 18, 2018, 10:05 PM   #4
CalmerThanYou

You will likely put a red dot on anyway. Guess the sights are good to have as a back-up. CZ service is known to be excellent, give them a call.
Old October 21, 2018, 06:38 PM   #5
dchartier

Thanks for the information, guys. For anyone who runs into this problem in the future, I fixed the issue myself. Somehow having the front post at its lowest setting caused it to lock up. I sprayed some gun cleaner over the post to get rid of any debris that might be in there, then I turned hard counterclockwise with an AR sight adjustment tool. With enough force, it unlocked, and now it adjusts up and down as expected.