The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 4, 2007, 02:46 PM   #1
redline02

New Knight Rifle

I just bought a new Knight Long Range Hunter in line,and I was wondering if anyone has had any personal experience with this rifle. All the information I could gather pointed to it being an accurate muzzleloader. I purchased it in 50 cal. as I couldn't find could but a few 52 cal modern bullet designs for deer hunting. I am also wondering about the disc-are they easy/difficult to handle? Any info would be greatly appreciated-Thank You
Old March 4, 2007, 04:07 PM   #2
Tbag

Knight makes a top notch smoke pole. The disc's are ok but a pain to load. You might find some interesting reading at www.chuckhawk.com. Try using powder instead of the premeasured pellets, and you will find yourself alot more accurate.
Old March 4, 2007, 07:17 PM   #3
marcseatac

Those Knight rifles are sweet. I have been admiring one that's SS with a black stock .50 caliber. I have a bunch of different ones already so I won't get it, but I wish I had maybe gotten one earlier on in the game!
Old March 14, 2007, 09:08 PM   #4
oybor

I purchased a Knight "Revolution" a few years ago, Great looking, Straight shooting, pretty easy clean-up, And I have taken a few deer with it, ONE problem, Mis-fires!!!!! I have been very lucky in that a couple of the deer I shot were kind enough to wait while I reset the primer, sometimes it is just reseting (or cocking) the lever, I would really be Pi-- if I were looking at a trophy, but so far just does, I called knight, but did not get much satisfaction, I thought about selling it, but my consence will not let me do that unless I sold it to a person who knew of the problem, I have heard of a new style breech plug, (the dome) (I think) I am going to look into that, or it will be a TC for me!!!! I personally think that Knight Screwed up on the early "Revolutions" but that is life. I really like the "Knight" but a few mis-fires will really shake your confidence, Just my opinion, Oybor
Old March 17, 2007, 09:51 PM   #5
Sekiar

Long Range Hunter will it work for a lefty?

Can you take a look ar your Long Range Hunter and see if it would work for a left hand shooter. The only photos I can find only shows one view and that's not good enough to tell if the cheek rest would interfer with a left hand shooter. I have emailed and called Knight with 0 results. Thanks in advance.