The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old September 22, 2016, 05:10 PM   #51
Ozzieman

Next installment.
No hints
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ok its a gun2.jpg (40.1 KB, 187 views)

Did you hear about the latest study.....5 out of 6 liberals say that Russian Roulette is safe.
Old September 22, 2016, 11:07 PM   #52
burrhead

Too easy. I've seen Blade Runner at least ten times.

I'm offended by people that are easily offended.
Old September 23, 2016, 06:14 AM   #53
Mike Irwin
Staff

Greatest sci-fi movie ever filmed, an incredible combination of sci-fi and film noir.

I've not watched it this month. I think I'll make myself a pizza and watch it tonight.

And yes, it's a Pflager-Katsumata D, or PKD.

It was never identified as such in the movie, but that was a name attached to it in the early days of the web, apparently as a means of honoring Philip K. Dick by getting his initials in there.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old September 23, 2016, 04:50 PM   #54
Ozzieman

Yea I know, Blade runner, been buisy and haven't had time to research more.
But then again it is my favorite movie also.

Next installment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg What the 11.jpg (73.3 KB, 168 views)

Did you hear about the latest study.....5 out of 6 liberals say that Russian Roulette is safe.
Old September 23, 2016, 07:35 PM   #55
Mike Irwin
Staff

Nepalese Bikra gun.

Last hand crank machine gun, I believe.

Old September 23, 2016, 08:11 PM   #56
Ozzieman

Very good Mike

At the address below at 1:30 into the video shows very good video of a Bira.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...A0&FORM=VRDGAR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg What the 11 Bira gun.jpg (171.9 KB, 63 views)

Old September 23, 2016, 08:13 PM   #57
Ozzieman

Next investment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Thats strange 2.jpg (98.3 KB, 152 views)

Old September 24, 2016, 12:31 PM   #58
Ulrice

this is a nordenfelt gun
Old September 24, 2016, 06:16 PM   #59
Ozzieman

Ulrice, Good one sir.
Nordenfelt model 1873 machine guns
The gun fired a 1 inch solid steel bullet with hardened tip and brass jacket. It was non explosive because of the 1868 Petersburg declaration of 1868 that exploding shells weighing less than 400 grams were not allowed between the "signatory" nations
The following is one being fired

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...=0&FORM=VDFSRV

The following shows the gun indepth

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...=0&FORM=VDFSRV
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Thats strange 2 Nordenfelt machine gun.jpg (148.7 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by Ozzieman; September 24, 2016 at 07:01 PM.
Old September 24, 2016, 06:19 PM   #60
Ozzieman

You guys are kicking my but your getting these so fast
I'm going to have to dig a little deeper.

Next installment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg What the 13.jpg (101.7 KB, 156 views)

Old September 24, 2016, 07:19 PM   #61
Old Bill Dibble

The trigger, mag and parts of the receiver look like a Gewehr model, can't tell which one. Never seen a mag release like that one. I am guessing an early war model.
"Tragedy has been and will always be with us. Somewhere right now, evil people are planning evil things. All of us will do everything meaningful, everything we can do to prevent it, but each horrible act can’t become an axe for opportunists to cleave the very Bill of Rights that binds us."
Old September 24, 2016, 07:20 PM   #62
burrhead

Swedish Ljungman. WWII issue direct impingement. The tooling eventually went to Egypt to build Hakims.

I'm offended by people that are easily offended.

Last edited by burrhead; September 24, 2016 at 07:36 PM.
Old September 24, 2016, 09:33 PM   #63
Ozzieman

Got another Burrhead
this shows one being fired
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-xKTgV3xYI

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ag_m/42
The Automatgevär m/42 (Ag m/42, outside of Sweden commonly known as the AG42, AG-42 or Ljungman) is a Swedish semi-automatic rifle which saw limited use by the Swedish Army from 1942 until the 1960s.
The Ag m/42 was designed by Erik Eklund of the AB C.J. Ljungmans Verkstäder company of Malmö around 1941, and entered production at the Carl Gustafs Stads Gevärsfaktori in Eskilstuna in 1942. Some 30,000 rifles were manufactured in all for the Swedish Army. This was a relatively small number of weapons and the standard infantry rifle remained the 6.5 mm bolt-action m/96 Mauser.
Norwegian "police troops" trained in Sweden during World War II were issued a number of Ag m/42s and brought these rifles to Norway when the Germans surrendered in 1945. These rifles were never modified to the later Ag m/42B version.
After a number of issues had been discovered, including a serious problem with rusting gas tubes, the existing stocks of the rifle were modified between 1953 and 1956, and the reworked rifles were designated Ag m/42B. Modifications included a stainless steel gas tube, two knobs on the breech cover, a new elevation knob for the rear sight, a rubber case-deflector, new magazines and new cleaning rod. The Ag m/42B was replaced in Swedish service in the mid 1960s by the Ak 4 (derived from the Heckler & Koch G3).
In the early 1950s the Ag m/42B manufacture license was sold to Egypt resulting in the Hakim rifle, which uses the 7.92×57mm Mauser cartridge. Sweden sold the machinery to Egypt and the Hakim was therefore built with the same machine tools used for the Ag m/42B. Eventually, the Hakim was modified into a carbine using the intermediate-power 7.62×39mm Russian cartridge, called the Rasheed Carbine.
Operation[edit]
The Ag m/42 is operated by means of a direct impingement gas system, similar to that of the French MAS-49 rifle. The Ag m/42 also uses a tilting breech block like the Tokarev SVT-38/SVT-40, the MAS-49 and FN FAL rifles. The Ag m/42 is ammunition specific since it does not have an adjustable gas port or valve to adjust the rifle to various propellant and projectile specific pressure behavior.
The Ag m/42 uses the 6.5×55mm cartridge loaded into a removable 10-round box magazine. In practice, however, the magazine usually remained attached to the rifle while it was loaded from the top with five-round stripper clips. Like the British Lee–Enfield and Soviet SVT-40, the Ag m/42's magazine was intended to be removed only for cleaning.
The ammunition used by the Swedish military from 1894 was 6.5×55mm skarp patron m/94 projektil m/94 (live cartridge m/94 projectile m/94) service ammunition with a 10.1 grams (156 gr) long round-nosed m/94 (B-projectile) bullet. From 1941 onwards Sweden, which remained neutral during World War II, adopted skarp patron m/94 prickskytte m/41 (live cartridge m/94 sniping m/41) ammunition loaded with a 9.1 grams (140 gr) spitzer bullet (D-projectile) Besides a pointed nose the m/41 D-projectile also had a boat tail to further reduce aerodynamic drag and replaced the m/94 ammunition loaded with the m/94 projectile for general use.[1]
The Ag m/42 rear sight has two bullet drop compensation options, one calibrated for spitzer m/41 ammunition and one for round nose m/94 ammunition. Which one is installed can be seen between the sight screw and the range window. The bullet image (spitzer or round nose bullet) should match the ammunition used. With a hand adjustable elevation screw the rear sight can be adjusted for bullet drop in 100 metres (109 yd) increments. From 100 to 800 metres (109 to 875 yd) with m/41 spitzer ammunition, or 100 to 600 metres (109 to 656 yd) m with m/94 round nose ammunition.[2]

Old September 24, 2016, 09:44 PM   #64
Ozzieman

This one should be easy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg What the 14.jpg (92.6 KB, 141 views)

Old September 25, 2016, 08:27 AM   #65
mapsjanhere

Austrian M95/30
Old September 25, 2016, 07:19 PM   #66
Ozzieman

Good one mapsjanhere

Austrian Steyr Model 95 Carbine. Chambered for the 8x56mm cartridge. 5-round magazine capacity. Straight pull bolt. 19.5 inch barrel. Full-length walnut stock. Rear sight graduated from 300 to 2200 meters.
The Steys M95 was developed by Austrian arms designer Ferdinand Ritter Von Mannlicher. It was based on his M1890
design. More than 3 million M95 were produced between 1895 and 1918,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg What the 14 Austrian Steyr Model 95 Carbine..jpg (137.3 KB, 51 views)

Old September 25, 2016, 07:20 PM   #67
Ozzieman

Next installment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg What the 15.jpg (20.5 KB, 128 views)

Old September 26, 2016, 06:06 AM   #68
Mike Irwin
Staff

Spanish FR.

That one had me wracking the brain cells.

Old September 26, 2016, 12:07 PM   #69
DubC-Hicks

Yep, the FR-8. The bolt action that the Spanish built with CETME barrels and gas tubes.
Old September 26, 2016, 01:04 PM   #70
Scorch

That is an FR-7, the action being the 1893/1916/1934 action, rather than the 1943 M98-style action. You can tell by the bolt shroud and cocking piece.
Old September 26, 2016, 06:32 PM   #71
Ozzieman

Well done every one.

The FR-7 and FR-8, The photo was the 7, were developed in the late 1950 in Spain. The FR stands for Fusil Reformando” and were conversions of earlier Mauser bold action rifles. The 7 was a converted Spanish model 1916 rifle which are based on the Model 1893 Mauser. The FR-7’s and 8’s
were issued to the Guarda Civil units. They were also used for training because their sights and ballistics were intentionally made similar to the CETME assault rifle.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FR8
The flash hider was designed to also function as a rifle grenade launcher, compatible with NATO-standard 22 mm rifle grenades. The under-barrel tube, which resembles the gas cylinder found on automatic weapons, actually serves as the bayonet mount and as storage for cleaning gear. The rear sight is an elevation-adjustable rotary type with aperatures for 200 m (220 yd), 300 m (330 yd) and 400 m (440 yd), as well as an open "V" notch for 100 metres (110 yd). The front sight is elevation-adjustable via a special tool. Operation is identical to the standard Mauser design.
One being fired
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...EE&FORM=VRDGAR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg What the 15 Spain FR-7.jpg (60.7 KB, 43 views)

Old September 26, 2016, 06:33 PM   #72
Ozzieman

Next installment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg What the 16.jpg (66.3 KB, 124 views)

Old September 26, 2016, 08:36 PM   #73
Mike Irwin
Staff

Ross Model 1903, I think.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old September 27, 2016, 05:30 PM   #74
Ozzieman

Way to go Mike

Ross Rifle.
Officially known as the Rifle, Ross, Mark ll, this rifle has a Harris type magazine with an external latch which controls the magazine follower. You can see the latch just below the rear sight. The origins of the Ross rifle lie in the late-1890s patents Canadian Sir Charles Ross, who developed his own pattern of the straight pull rifles, based on Austrian Mannlicher M1890 / 1895 system. British and Canadian forces tested Ross rifles circa 1900-1901, but these rifles failed reliability tests. Britain refused to supply Canada with enough Lee-Enfield rifles during the second Boer war resulted in adoption of the .303 caliber Ross Mark I rifle in 1902. These rifles were manufactured at the Ross Rifle Co, in Quebec. In 1907, Ross introduced a slightly improved Mark II rifle. Between 1907 and 1912, Ross turned out several star-marked modifications of the basic mark II pattern, which differed in barrel lengths, safety arrangements and other such minor modifications. In the summer of 1911 Canadian army introduced the Mark III Ross rifle, also known as Model 1910
Attached Images
File Type: jpg What the 16 Ross rifle.jpg (170.0 KB, 41 views)

Old September 27, 2016, 05:32 PM   #75
Ozzieman

Here we go again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg What the 17.jpg (52.7 KB, 114 views)