The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old December 21, 2019, 09:54 PM   #2201
NobodyJones

Thanks for the welcome.

Honestly I am one of those guys that researches the heck out of something before I decide to buy. For example I just bought a 56 inch tool box and upper chest for my shop. I spent about 3 months looking at tool boxes and comparing drawer size and construction of the box before buying.
Old December 21, 2019, 10:09 PM   #2202
Dean C

Welcome. Sounds like you have a bit of Engineering in you or at least from the "show me" state.
I too watch this alot but post little. Lotsa common interests too.
Dean
Pro 2A Washington (Charter Member)
Old December 22, 2019, 01:21 AM   #2203
NobodyJones

Dean C,

I'm actually from Wisconsin.

I have been accused of over engineering the things that I have built so I am very particular about what I spend my money on. I don't have any problem at all spending a bit more for a quality product but I do have a problem spending more money on something just because a big name is attached to it if the value isn't there.
Old December 31, 2019, 12:11 PM   #2204
citori59

Hello From South Central Pennsylvania......

Good Day Everyone! I am new to the forum but have been a "gun guy" since I was in elementary school. I hope to learn and, maybe even, share an experience or two.
Old January 13, 2020, 10:13 AM   #2205
Tomjohn1963

Good morning to all,
I'd like to introduce myself to the forum.
My name is Tom, I live in Iowa and I have been a life-long gun owner.
I recently acquired a mid 1860's Moore and Harris muzzle-loading 12 gauge double barrel.
it is in very good condition with no rust, no barrel pitting and no cracks or damage to the stock. It was passed down to me from my father who purchased it back in the early 50's. He hunted with it and also enjoyed showing it off, it is a very nice looking gun with burled wood, tons of engraving and beautiful Damascus barrels.
I would like to shot it and am looking for any advise. I plan to take it to a gunsmith and have the barrels checked out.

Thank you,
Tom
Old January 13, 2020, 11:01 AM   #2206
ligonierbill

Welcome to TFL! You'll get a serious split (no pun) in opinion between "never" and "shoot it with caution". I'm on the side of shoot, presuming a knowledgeable person checks it out. Of course, this is black powder only, and if you are not familiar with loading powder and shot, proper cleaning, etc, find someone who is to help.

Ultimately, it's your decision and your responsibility.
Old January 20, 2020, 08:25 PM   #2207
GatlinJohn

F.N.G.

Greetings,
My name is John and I live in Central Florida. I am a 20-year military Veteran and I'm in the process of restoring a very interesting piece. I have a Vulcan 20mm Gatling Gun barrel assembly. I just had it blasted and need your know how to restore it. I can't post pics but if you'd like to see it PM me.
Old February 8, 2020, 09:50 AM   #2208
URIT

New Guy From Coastal North Carolina

Time to introduce myself after lurking in Hogan's Alley for a couple of weeks. I am pro-2A, an NRA member, and I contribute to no political party.

I'm originally from Minnesota but have moved around a bit since retiring. I enjoy life and shooting and cleaning my accumulation of S&W Gen3 9mm and .40 caliber is one of my joys.

Now, at 73, I find myself training more for personal defense with a greater focus on point shooting and firearm retention than sighted target shooting.
Old February 21, 2020, 12:39 PM   #2209
Wolf333

Finally Member'ed up!

Greetings fellow gun loving friends! I have enjoyed reading the forums here for years and finally decided to join up. I am a reloader and enjoy mostly target shooting with the occasional bird hunt. Handguns, rifles, C&R I am fan of it all.
Old February 24, 2020, 08:55 AM   #2210
Duffy Moon

This is my first post here. I've read through old posts at this site to answer specific questions every now and then for a few years. Just getting around to joining.
Old March 15, 2020, 12:30 PM   #2211
tnakshooter

New guy from TN

New here but not new to firearms. I hope to make a positive contribution to this site.
I live in TN.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old March 15, 2020, 08:22 PM   #2212
Tet68

Hi there. I'm a Viet Nam veteran from The Sunshine State.
Old March 25, 2020, 12:53 PM   #2213
Wyosam

Hey everyone, new member from Wyoming. Main interests are hunting, long range target/steel, and reloading. Lots of good information here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old March 31, 2020, 10:04 PM   #2214
Savagehawg

New here but not to shooting, reloading and hunting, been hunting since i was 4 years old. Me and my Dad load for everything from 9mm to 7mm Ultra Mag, we both are still learning and need guidance every once in a while lol
Old April 17, 2020, 03:41 PM   #2215
DaveJames

Back Again

Well found the site again and joined once more, was on here for some time as Leadbutt now just me
Old April 20, 2020, 05:31 AM   #2216
Burning Chrome

Howdy

Hello to all of you fine 2nd amendment supporters!

Long time gun enthusiast...been shooting since I was 8, owned handguns, rifles, shotguns since I was 23, 50 years ago...used to do a lot of target shooting, trap & skeet, got into reloading for a while when I lived in Phoenix, AZ...now living in So. Florida.

Had my entire gun collection stolen (except for a few pieces in a different location) about 20 years ago and was never able to replace anything until recently, but now I can pretty much buy what I want.

Recently got into black powder pistols (revolvers and a rifle), and own several, some of which have been left as is, and some of which have been converted for cowboy ammo.

Also own several small automatics with an old AMT .380 Backup needing a bit of repair.

Just bought a S&W Model 1-1/2 3rd issue (S&W .32 Short, breaktop, centerfire) that was in incredible condition, made sometime between 1878-1892...doubt if 50 rounds were ever run through it...will be getting a S&W Letter of Authenticity for it.

About me, Marc, I'm retired from IT (30 years), and basically just sort of manage some investments...anything else you'd like to know, feel free to ask me.

Again, hiya, and thanks for adding me to this forum!
There's is as much water on Earth as there was three billion years ago. While the amount of water has remained static, the amount of Tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all.
Old May 16, 2020, 09:34 PM   #2217
792mauser

Loooooong time lurker.
Just realized I signed up just before switching jobs. Forgot in the confusion and found an old email confirming it from '11.

Joined in 2011 and first post in 2020.
Old May 16, 2020, 10:21 PM   #2218
SHR970

Welcome to the party 7.92mauser. How may we be of assistance?
Old May 21, 2020, 09:09 PM   #2219
dadikong0598

Good evening, South Shore MA. Belong to Bass River Rod and Gun Club on cape cod. Carry Kahr PM9, Smith and Wesson Bodyguard, Home defense Shield and steel shooting glock 34. Very appreciative for such a great site, collaboration and learning, thank you for having me.
Old May 22, 2020, 01:04 PM   #2220
Bailey71

Hey y’all. I’m John from NE Texas. I am new on this sight and not sure where to post questions I have. I’ll figure it out later. Anyway I love to shoot and I hunt whenever I have the time. I really love the lever guns. I mean there’s just something about them. Sometimes when I can’t go hunting I’ll find myself just looking at my gun or cycling the action. WTH?!? I act like a kid with a new toy. My wife just rolls her eyes and say oh my gosh
Old May 22, 2020, 01:45 PM   #2221
Bailey71

Hi y’all. I’m John from NE Texas. Love to shoot and hunt. My faves are the lever guns. There’s just something about those little rascals. My newest is a brass
Old June 10, 2020, 07:14 AM   #2222
Ratgut

Ratgut here:

Hello all and thanks for the add. Gun enthusiast here as well as outdoor shooting. Here for ideas and insight as well as some inspiration from fellow lovers of the 2nd. Currently working on a outdoor range with some interesting and innovative features that are fun and exciting to target, would love to share and get further ideas. Thanks for your time.
Old June 16, 2020, 07:54 PM   #2223
Double K

Introductions'

Looking for a place to hang out with like minded people, share a few stories, read others and generally have a good time. I'm pretty busy this time of year but come the winter months I sit in front of the computer and bs.
I'm a air rifle and 22lr guy most of the year
Come October it's antelope and deer hunting.

Last edited by Double K; June 17, 2020 at 12:03 AM.
Old June 16, 2020, 09:53 PM   #2224
Ricardo China

Hello from Brazil, happy to be here

Hello gentleman's, Im from Brazil and an avid IPSC/USPSA shooter for more than 25 year's now, mainly in Production division.
Trying to learm something about long guns too.
Well, now we have to wait for this covid stuff goes to an end and the matches starts again.
Thank a lot for being allowed in The Firing Line.
Old September 4, 2020, 09:31 AM   #2225
Tygus.Shooting

Warmest Greetings from Victoria, Australia!

Just think of me as a curmudgeon from the other side of the planet.

Used to design and manufacture custom guns, and run a Class 1 firearm dealership in Victoria, Australia, but gave that up years ago.

Did some Security and Risk Management work, but have retired since.

Current preoccupation is looking after an international forum for competition shooters, gun owners, collectors, hunters, law enforcement officers, security professionals, concealed carriers, and members of the military called Tygus.Shooting. Occasionally review firearms and collect modern examples when the budget permits it.

Still try to compete occasionally, and teach the next generation how to shoot and safely handle firearms.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent