The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old July 16, 2020, 05:00 PM   #1
MisterCrabby

Boy saves sister from dog attack.

I got a little choked up when I read this story. It’s nice of Chris Evans and others to give the kid some kudos. 90 stitches to his face. What got me is what he said when his dad asked him why he did it. You don’t have to be a grown ass man or woman to have morals or brass cajones.

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/16/entertainment/chris-evans-little-boy-dog-attack/index.html[/URL]

Big ones.
Old July 16, 2020, 05:16 PM   #2
Mike38

URL no workie
Old July 16, 2020, 05:25 PM   #3
Shadow9mm

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/16/enter...ack/index.html

Kid deserves a medal!
Old July 16, 2020, 06:21 PM   #4
Forte S+W

Funny how they say men have less testosterone these days than they did in the past, yet this 6 year old boy displayed a level of valor that only the bravest of men could muster in the face of such danger.

If there is a such thing as a Man Card, then this boy just earned one and needs to be bumped straight to the front of the line at the DMV (Department of Masculine Valor) to receive his immediately.
Old July 16, 2020, 06:36 PM   #5
Pahoo

A "Hero" for life !!!

I saw this one the liberal news tonight and this kid's parents have to be extremely proud. As the lad was talking, his little sister was looking up at him, with a look of admiration. Was not surprised to see that the commentator, did not mention the breed of dog and what was his or the owners follow-up. Stories like this is another example of "God -Talking" .......

Be Safe !!!
Old July 16, 2020, 08:47 PM   #6
upstate81

The people that say men have less testosterone than they once did are purely spewing their agenda. The male role is slowly being squandered. Good on that little fella for standing his ground. I would have done the same for both of my sisters!
Old July 17, 2020, 05:45 AM   #7
CleanDean

Told my girlfriend who has boys and a girl.. Choked up me and her.
A valiant young boy who displayed his heroic character to the enth degree.
FNH Scar 17 s --Black ; cause it goes so well with my formal wear, for those special occasions. Customized Mini 14 ,& ATI stock and a 3.5 lb.-- Pittsburgh trigger. / SIG P227 / Colt Python 8 in.Nickel / Colt Gold Cup N.M. ; Voere * KDF in .270 ; N. frame S&W revolvers; and TC Contender in 41 Magnum .
Old July 17, 2020, 07:31 AM   #8
Spats McGee
Staff

Good story, but not firearms related.