The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 8, 1999, 03:30 PM   #26
Mal H
Staff

TMoney, you haven't responded on the advice to check your Midway model. Did you? It is important since Midway ran the recall ads for a long time and the danger is real.

Big Bunny, you have incredibly good or bad timing, I'm not sure which. I was creating this post and then opened the thread to review an item and lo and behold, you had posted your response! I figured out what an "FL" was a few days ago. If you had capitalized "The", my dim brain would have gotten it a lot quicker. I was stuck on cleaners and such and was trying to figure out what kind it was.

I'm not sure if Hal and/or I are being "dissed". There has been no bad information given that I am aware of.
Old December 8, 1999, 04:50 PM   #27
alan

Big Bunny:

Some tumblers may indeed "walk", however mine from Midway never has. I sit it on 3 plastic parts boxes, no towel, and it just sits there, cleaning cases.
Old December 9, 1999, 05:59 AM   #28
Hal

I agree with the title thing. I mean how can I tell the difference between an Oryctolagus cuniculus and a Lepus cuniculus without some form of designation.
Content speaks for itself wheter it comes from an obvious abstraction or a real source.
------------------
CCW for Ohio action site.
http://www.ofcc.net
Do what you C.A.N.
http://thematrix.acmecity.com/digita...nsite/can.html

[This message has been edited by Hal (edited December 09, 1999).]
Old December 9, 1999, 11:31 PM   #29
Big Bunny

MalH, OK, point taken "TFL" it is from now on for eternity !
Old December 10, 1999, 08:11 AM   #30
JHS

I put 1000 cases in my washing machine. Used a pillow case, put in baking soda. Then in the dryer with some clothes, to protect the inside of dryer. looks good, and didn't take long. YMMV.
Old December 10, 1999, 05:31 PM   #31
Sport45

I've washed many, many cases loose in the washing mashine with rags, jeans, or work clothes. Throw the clothes in the dryer, dump the water out of the cases and dry them in the oven in an old pie plate. 200F for an hour will do it. They aren't shiny, but my 1911 doesn't seem to care.

------------------
"An unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Cesare Beccaria, the father of modern criminology

Old December 12, 1999, 12:42 PM   #32
flatlander

Dittos on the warning about setting a vibratory tumbler on rags, towels, or carpet. You've got to have air flow under the bottom of the tumbler to avoid overheating the motor. My wife gave me the larger Midway tumbler for Christmas 3-4 years ago(they're no longer cataloged), and man is that thing noisy! But it does a real good job on brass with plain corn cob media. I've got a couple of appliance timers hooked to my tumblers so they only run for a set amount of time. If you can find some thick cardboard(like from a shipping carton-three plys thick), you can set the tumbler on that and get some noise insulation; at least it will reduce what goes through the floor to your neighbor below.