The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 27, 2019, 07:38 PM   #1
gbclarkson

Shield accessories recommendations

I just bought a shield 2.0 9mm. What IWB and OWB holsters do you peeps use for this pistol under $50? (I am cheap. Cue next question) Has anyone used Promag magazines?

I like this pistol so far. If, in the future, I really like it then I will look into action enhancement. Any recommendations?
Old May 27, 2019, 08:22 PM   #2
KyJim

DeSantis mini-scabbard
Old May 27, 2019, 08:30 PM   #3
TunnelRat

Please don't buy ProMags. It's not a question of them being just a little less durable. They don't work. They're expensive paperweights.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old May 27, 2019, 08:48 PM   #4
Eazyeach

+1 on Tunnelrats comment. No need to not buy S&W Factory mags. They’re not cost prohibitive at all. Google is your friend.
Old May 27, 2019, 10:07 PM   #5
hubris

Omni holster. Works as IWB and OWB.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:35 AM   #6
P5 Guy

A case of 9x19 and lots of range time.
Old May 28, 2019, 12:10 PM   #7
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbclarkson View Post
I just bought a shield 2.0 9mm. What IWB and OWB holsters do you peeps use for this pistol under $50? (I am cheap. Cue next question) Has anyone used Promag magazines?

I like this pistol so far. If, in the future, I really like it then I will look into action enhancement. Any recommendations?
OWB = DeSantis Speed Scabbard, probably cheapest on Amazon, but probably not < $50
OWB = Stealth Gear Revolution, ~$35.

Magazines = Best price I've seen is here: https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/ Magazines for the 2.0 are currently $25.99, but I know that they run sales on the 1.0 mags from time to time for $15.99. I don't know if they do that for 2.0s, or if the mags interchange. I have a 1.0, so haven't needed to know yet.

Ammo: https://www.sgammo.com/ or https://www.targetsportsusa.com/
Old May 28, 2019, 01:15 PM   #8
lee n. field

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunnelRat View Post
Please don't buy ProMags. It's not a question of them being just a little less durable. They don't work. They're expensive paperweights.
I think everyone has to discover this for themselves.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old May 28, 2019, 01:25 PM   #9
lee n. field

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbclarkson View Post
Pocket holster, DeSantis Nemesis. $20-ish. If you're going to go that route.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old May 28, 2019, 02:52 PM   #10
IdaD

I like the Vanguard 2 a lot for appendix carry. It's very minimal and adds no width, and it retains the pistol really well. I think it's around $35.

I'd stick to factory mags on a carry gun.
Old June 5, 2019, 05:58 PM   #11
Fullclip610

Every promag I ever bought when I first got into guns was a pos. Especially for the Remington 597 22lr. Even the real Remington extended mags Don’t work. Idk how they have been selling them for so long and they never work.