The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 24, 2002, 08:48 PM   #1
DanP

"One Shot" clean & lube?

Any opinions on this product?

Seems to be good for cleaning but it also states that it is a "dry lube" and that it replaces the regular oil I put on the slide, etc. after cleaning.

So should I oil after using it, or let it do both jobs, or stop using it?

Thanks, and sorry if this may have been covered a million times... "one shot" are not great search words in TFL...
Old February 27, 2002, 10:46 AM   #2
Teufelhunden

I like using one-shot to clean, its lubricating properties are just icing on the cake. It's helpful to blast out crap from small areas of your weapons, and for quite a while, it was the only thing I lubed my weapons with. It felt weird leaving them dry, but I had to admit that the steel did feel more slippery after I'd hit it with one shot. Eventually, I tried a drop of CLP on my slide rails and found that my slides feel slicker now, so I do that too. It is nice not to have your weapon dripping oil all over you though...

Incidentally, in a Walther P99, a Ruger P94, and a Taurus PT140, just using the dry lube never caused any kind of performance degradation.

-Teuf

"One hundred rounds do not constitute firepower. One hit contitutes firepower." -Gen. Merritt Edson, USMC
Old February 27, 2002, 04:00 PM   #3
DanP

Thanks Teof,

My concern was more that, reading the can, One Shot doesn't mix well with oils.

Meaning that one would either trust One Shot all the way or not at all lube-wise.