The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 2, 2013, 08:43 PM   #1
cdoc42

Good experience

I think all handloaders should know about the good experience I had with RCBS. I have a bench Auto Primer System (APS) since they first came out, and I have no idea when that was, but it has been a while. The primer plug got jammed and I had to remove the top plate that accepts the shellholder. Well, something went flying out of there and I have no idea where it went. It turned out to be a clip of some sort that holds the shellholder, so I had to improvise with a small gauge wire. It worked but the shellholder waqs still loose. I e-mailed RCBS and described the situation and without any hesitation I received a return e-mail advising they would ship a replacement top plate to me at no cost. Can't beat that for customer satisfaction!
Old October 2, 2013, 10:51 PM   #2
Nick_C_S

That's RCBS.

I bought my reload kit and press from RCBS in 1984. Nearly all of the equipment - including the press - is still in perfect working order.

I've got Lee factory crimp dies, Lee bulge buster dies, Lee Auto-Prime, and a Lyman brass tumbler. Everything else is RCBS.

I like them a lot - and we're neighbors - about 40 minutes from my house.