The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old January 4, 2013, 01:13 PM   #1
ks_wayward_son

Palmetto State Armory orders

I placed an order with PSA on December 2, and the FFL I chose sent his information by the 6th of December. I still haven't even received a confirmation of shipping my firearm yet. I tried emailing/calling several times. No one answers the phones and when a machine offers to leave a message, it says the capacity is full and I can't leave a callback number. I know that they were probably getting lots of orders around that time, but its been about a month. Anyone else having difficulty receiving anything from PSA?
Old January 4, 2013, 01:24 PM   #2
zukiphile

I placed orders with Palmetto armory prior to this incident. These were orders for uppers without bolt carrier groups. While their website asked customers to expect a 15th business day delay, I waited 25 days before trying to leave a voicemail. There voicemail was full. I e-mailed and received no response. I called again and the telephone was answered. The very pleasant girl who took my call told me that they were waiting for my FFL. I noted that this would not be an FFL transfer; after a quick check she agreed. I received my order about a week later.

All of this was prior to the current hubbub. None of the above is offered as a knock on them; they offer useful items at good prices. However, prompt shipping does not appear to be their focus.

I bet your order will show up in a couple of weeks.
Old January 5, 2013, 02:28 AM   #3
Metal god

Yep its bad over there . Great prices great quality and very VERY bad customer service . I have ordered from them many times and only had one bad shipping issue but all orders were slower then any other place I order from . I have never heard of anybody NOT getting there order at some point but it may take a while . If you ever do get through to them don't expect them to be nice or apologetic that's not there way .

Quote:
I called again and the telephone was answered. The very pleasant girl
EDIT: did not see this must of been posting when I was . It's nice to here they may have got somebody a little more frienly answering the phones now

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .
Old January 5, 2013, 03:46 AM   #4
shuler13

I ordered a pistol early December and got it last week. It takes a while but it showed up.
Old January 5, 2013, 09:32 AM   #5
UtopiaTexasG19

They have been behind on orders for over two years even before the Conn. incident happened. Just put it out of your mind, go on with your life, and a year from now it will show up on your door step.
Old January 5, 2013, 09:50 AM   #6
bbqbob51

Very funny Utopia Texas!

I have only ordered once from them this past summer when they had free shipping on ammunition orders and had .357mag on sale for $15 a box. I ordered 4 boxes and it took quite awhile for me to get my order. I don't recall how long but I do recall thinking when it was delivered, "What the hell did I order from Palmetto State Armory?"
Old January 5, 2013, 11:50 AM   #7
Metal god

I just cheched the status of a order i placed on 12/17 for ammo . The tracking info says it will be here 1/7 . For PSA and whats going on right now thats pretty good .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Last edited by Metal god; January 5, 2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old January 5, 2013, 12:36 PM   #8
Nathan

Post in this thread and you should get an answer pretty quick...

Within a week...
Old January 5, 2013, 01:26 PM   #9
UtopiaTexasG19

The problem with the sections on AR15.com where you can actually ask questions to the dealers/manufacturers is that they are controlled by the dealers. There are often numerous complaints of questions being erased almost immediately after being posted. You don't dare write anything that smacks of being negative or it dissapears pronto even if it is a ligitimate question. That forum section in my opinion is more of a "feel good"/positive advertising section for the dealers.
Old January 5, 2013, 06:02 PM   #10
Fargazer

I just put in an order for an A2 Receiver Extension today; I'll be curious when it actually gets shipped out...
Old January 10, 2013, 10:04 AM   #11
sserdlihc

A friend of mine just told me he purchased a gun on December 26 from Palmetto State Armory. PSA still has not shipped it or responded earnestly to his emails. He is getting concerned.

Last edited by sserdlihc; January 10, 2013 at 10:16 AM. Reason: spelling
Old January 10, 2013, 10:03 PM   #12
USCS

Ordered on the 26th of Dec. received my packages today. Within the stated 15 business day delivery period. All parts seem to be present and functional. I have no complaints.
Old January 30, 2014, 06:24 PM   #13
doofus47

My orders have been fine. Not too late, no mis-ships

Getting them to call back if you have a question is slow, a lot, like hopping thru a marathon on one leg
Old January 30, 2014, 09:57 PM   #14
globemaster3

Mpar, you resurrected 3 threads in 2 forums to tell us the same thing? One would have been enough. Get over it!

"We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control."
Old January 30, 2014, 10:53 PM   #15
Jay24bal

Quote:
Mpar, you resurrected 3 threads in 2 forums to tell us the same thing? One would have been enough. Get over it!
Not only that, he has 3 posts, total...

I have placed 3 orders with PSA since 12/24:

1. Complete Lower
2. Complete Upper along with a BCG and charging handle
3. Red dot as well as BUIS

All three have been delivered within 2 weeks, all three have been 100% perfect. I just assembled everything tonight, and it is good to go.

Once Fired Brass, Top quality, Fast shipping, Best prices.
http://300AacBrass.com/ -10% Coupon use code " Jay24bal "
Old January 31, 2014, 12:06 PM   #16
globemaster3

Quote:
Not only that, he has 3 posts, total...
Yeah... that was implied.

"We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control."
Closed Thread