The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old October 29, 2002, 03:41 PM   #1
ACP230

Found A Glock I Like

I found a Glock I like on a recent visit to a MG gunsmith. He is a manufacturer and suppresses rifles and converts pistols to FA fire. He had a 9mm Glock (I think a 17) that he'd converted to FA with a block on the back of the slide. (They are only for sale to MG Dealers or Police Depts, darn it!)

I talked him into letting me shoot it, and ran through a couple of mags. The gun was ported so the muzzle jump was cut down. It made the gun pretty loud. I thought the bursts were four or five rounds each, but the smith counted and said I was doing consistent three rounders.

I am not a fan of Glock pistols, but I could warm up to one like that.
Old October 29, 2002, 05:25 PM   #2
lhkas

ACP
those types of guns are fun to play with but think about this,you can buy 30 rd mags for this gun in any gun rag but even if you buy your 9mm's at $4.50 a box like i do you can go thru a box in less than 5 min's,that can get pretty pricey after a while you can get pretty tired of schelling out bucks for only a few minutes of fun,GOD FORBID YOU GET CAUGHT WITH THAT DAMM THING.
ALCATRAZ WILL REOPEN FOR YOU.
Old October 30, 2002, 10:03 AM   #3
ACP230

Not going to Alcatraz. The gunsmith is a Class II manufacturer and he was there with me while I shot the Glock.

I didn't say the piece was all that practical, just that I liked it better than Glock's that don't rock and roll.
Old October 31, 2002, 12:28 PM   #4
lhkas

at least you live in a gun friendly state, here in NY you have to register your sling shot ,hopefully next month will have a new gov,gov golisano.
Old October 31, 2002, 11:16 PM   #5
4V50 Gary
Staff

Fun comes with a price. Aren't they great?
Old November 1, 2002, 02:02 AM   #6
Hkmp5sd

Would love to have a Glock 18......

We were discussing shooting my M11/9 a while back. With the price of bulk 9mm at the time, it came to $5 for 1.5 seconds of shooting.

NRA Life Member