The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old July 2, 2020, 08:18 AM   #1
jimmyjackjones

Posting about Defensive Experiences

I have read on this forum and other firearm forums that posting about real life defensive experiences are not acceptable. I have seen threads deleted or locked regarding this topic. To me it would make more sense to talk about it and discuss what went right and what went wrong. This way we can all learn and be better prepared. Of course, if there were pending legal issues then best to keep private until resolved. I was unfortunately in such an experience ten years ago that resulted in drawing and firing my weapon. I made a calamity of errors. Since that experience I've taken defensive courses. I would love to share my experience and hear about others. It's too bad that this is unacceptable.

jjj...
Old July 2, 2020, 06:31 PM   #2
zoo

I didn't know such dialogue was against the rules. I babble on and on about my own experiences all the time here.
Old July 2, 2020, 06:53 PM   #3
jmhyer

I don't know that it is against the rules, in the strictest of senses. It is, however, considered a bit taboo because of the potential for discovery and use against you from a legal point of view. A story from ten years ago might be ok. Give it a little time and I feel like someone in a position of authority on the board will elaborate.

Last edited by jmhyer; July 2, 2020 at 10:11 PM.
Old July 2, 2020, 07:14 PM   #4
zoo

Well, ANYTHING you say can and will be used against you in a court of law isn't just an old wives' tale. And I mean ANYTHING including electronic communications from just about any source that can be linked to you.