The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 2, 2010, 06:06 AM   #26
darkgael

Scoops

+1 about the Lee scoops - and the plastic Lee Perfect Powder measure.

I was just down at the reloading bench. After looking again through this thread, I wanted to count how many measures I have (there is a point to this). Over the years I have accumulated a bunch of them - Lyman (3), RCBS (2), Lee PPM (4), Redding BR, and a Hornady.
They all get used.
Despite that, I was thinking, I am a little amazed at how often I use the Lee dippers. Quite a bit.
The Lee PPM has been reviewed time and time again over the years. It has always held its own against the rest of the market. One continually remarkable point that reviewers comment on is its accuracy. (Reviews? Google is your friend.)
I do, still, lust after a Harrell measure.
Pete

Last edited by darkgael; January 2, 2010 at 06:36 AM.
Old January 2, 2010, 11:49 AM   #27
Smoke48

Lyman DPS III

:barf:
Transbrake,
I couldn't agree with you more. The DPIII is horrible when it comes to exact measurements. I have a Lyman 1500, which always calibrates to 308.6, but there was always a 1 - 5 gr difference between the DP III and the 1500. The DP III would never calibrate to 308.6, so I would weigh out general amounts on the DP III and then trickle to final weights with the 1500. Much better results. I can never trust the DP III for accurate measurements. Too Bad