The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 3, 2018, 06:51 AM   #26
Tony Z

Started with long guns, then many handguns. The that old Fred Sandford friend, Arthur Itus visited and won't leave, and now it is back to rimfire and low power pistol caliber long guns. I'll be 66 this year and, boy do I wish I'd have taken better care of myself 30 to 40 years ago! Then again, I did have fun!
Old January 3, 2018, 09:23 AM   #27
reinert

Green Lantern,

Figured one of your first four had to have a .22 in the mix, and a Ruger besides. Good start, certain sure (IMO, of course)!

Personally, through all my shooting years, I've enjoyed (still do) most any kind of firearm; muzzle loaders (built them, too, tradtional flint and percussion both), B.P.C.R. (2 Shiloh Sharps), shotguns, lever guns, bolt guns, and a few pistols. I also have an original Ballard #4 Perfection rifle in 38-55, which I really need to shoot; poor thing's been sitting in the safe waiting for an outing. I need to make that one a New Year's resolution for shootin.' Been way too long for that one. Cast bullets and black powder only in the Ballard and the Sharps rifles. I reload for all my center-fire rifle stuff, and cast bullets for the B.P.C. rifles, and ball for the muzzleloaders.

Hope you'll be able to get into cartridge reloading as your firearms journey progresses. I believe I enjoy the reloading part just as much as the shooting part...maybe. Ha!
Old January 6, 2018, 04:11 AM   #28
hemiram

Handguns, by far. Not too many long guns interest me. I have 4 riles, 26 handguns, and zero shotguns.