The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 25, 2006, 09:15 PM   #26
ranburr

Like I said earlier, I don't care for Beretta products. But, this is an extremely accurate and reliable gun with very little perceived recoil. Will I buy one? No. But I only use 1911s and CZ 75s these days. If I were forced to carry one, I would feel better amed than I did with the M9. The gun appears to be very well built and extremely strong. If it holds up over time, it should be a strong contender in the police/military markets. I do think it shoots better than any Glock, Sig, or H&K that I have owned or shot.

ranburr
Old October 26, 2006, 05:07 PM   #27
MichaelScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntax360
Are you blaiming the rotating barrel assembly for problems in the accuracy department, or just the pistol in general?
I don't really know what to blame for the inaccuracy problems. It might just be that my particular PX4 is bad- since I have never AB'ed it beside another PX4. I have AB'ed it against Glock 17's, 19's, Sig P-226, Ruger P95, and a Beretta M9. In my tests the PX4 shot worse then all of those guns (although it was much more comfortable for me to hold then the Glocks). I've said before that I really don't like the grip of the PX4 but in my opinion it is much more comfortable then the Glocks. BTW, I've had many other shooters AB the gun versus others. A friend of mine actually said: "This gun is really great- I just wish it shot better."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
Just how inaccurate is it? I think mine is quite accurate, people on berettaforum call it their most accurate. I was able to make 2.5 in. groups at 10 yd. the first time I ever fired it and it was the first pistol I had ever shot.
In my opinion the M9 is a way more accurate gun. But it is bigger and heavier. Same with the Ruger P95 and Sig P-226. With the M9 I can blast out consistant 1 inch groupings at 10 yards. With the PX4 I am lucky to get 2.5 inch groupings. It is consistantly around 3.5 inch groupings. My friends have had similar experiances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy26
One more thing...what's dissassembly like? I was really interested in teh M&P before I learned of the little lever (that by more than one account is supposedly fairly flimsy) that had to be pushed down with a special tool...%^@! that!
Dissassembly is amazing. It takes about 4 seconds to take the gun apart- and like 8 to put it back together. I was thinking about making a movie of it for youtube. You don't need any special tools to take it apart.

I like the gun and would recommend it to people looking to carry or for something light. For the money it costs it has tons of features. It could just be that my particular piece has a problem. Or.. it could just be that the gun doesn't shoot that well. Anyways, I like but don't love and I think my judgement is fair after 3,000 rounds. I'll Look to buy an M9 or Sig P-226 next. The wife will use the PX4- she likes it and is happy enough just to get it close to center mass.
Old October 26, 2006, 10:32 PM   #28
JohnKSa
Staff

Maybe try different ammo.

My wife's PX4 will do 3" at 25 yards with Blazer aluminum.