The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old November 19, 2000, 06:00 PM   #1
Ding

I suppose this should be in the General Forum, but still.

Why do we need to split up the handgun forum? It was doing so good as it was.

Besides, if you can't post about semiauto and revolvers in the handgun forum anymore, what can you post about?
Old November 19, 2000, 06:15 PM   #2
rock_jock

I wholeheartedly agree. If the split was for technical reasons, I understand. But my preference would be to have one handgun forum. The reason is this: I am a relatively new handgunner, and only post a question or comment occasionally. Very rarely do I get on the old handgun forum to look for a specific answer or post a reply. Mainly, I just like perusing the posts. I have learned so much by going to a single resource and sometimes clicking on posts that I didn't think would interest me, only to find a nugget of information that helps me, or a post that challenges my preconceived notions. Furthermore, I, like most of the folks on this site, own both semi-autos and wheelguns, and the interesting, enlighteneing, and often contentious discussions we have on the merits of one gun vs. another are the stuff that keeps me coming back for more. Now with this format, I feel like I will have to switch back and forth between two, and probably three handgun forums to make sure I don't miss anything. I really don't think we need a split. Can't we all just get along?
Old November 19, 2000, 06:19 PM   #3
Gary H

We can try it and see if it is a plus, or a minus. We can argue both sides, but what is the point? We can try it and see how it works
Old November 19, 2000, 06:20 PM   #4
Badger Arms

I demand a hand(gun) recount. I think we should keep them together. If we do this, we sould separate rifles into semi-auto, bolt, single shot, etc.

Besides, now we won't have a forum for single shots, derringers, etc.
Old November 19, 2000, 07:19 PM   #5
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Chill all. This was a longtime discussion in Suggestions. The Handgun Forum was huge. We must learn to adapt and overcome....if you slip out of your comfy spot now and then, you get a whole new perspective.

General Handgun will still be real busy. The description of appropriate posts there is provided. Anyone own a single shot or pepperbox?

Moving to Feedback Forum.
Rich

[Edited by Rich Lucibella on 11-19-2000 at 07:52 PM]