The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old August 7, 2005, 06:43 PM   #1
defjon

Ripped off on Ebay Knife!

Not Gun related, but I wanted to warn ya'll...

Yeah, so I got ripped off on Ebay today and I want to warn you guys. I think this sellers positive feedback is just crap or people he knows.

So I spent top dollar on an Italian Stilleto. The one that I bid on had a really nice blue micarta handle.

What I got was black plastic crap! Not only horrible quality, but broken too. It was completely unsafe. The blade wouldn't lock back, and its just crap.

This is his email:

<[email protected]>

I gave him negative feedback to warn people that his products are crap. They are also unsafe, and so he thusly deserved negative feedback.

His response was to send me like 12 angry emails, in which he, and I quote says : "Not only did you get the wrong knife but you won't get what you paid for AND YOU ARE ALSO THE WINNER OF NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!"

I want to warn all you guys against Knives 4 Whole sale, and also, to ask what I can do about this. He clearly said that he gave me the wrong knife and that I wont' get what I paid for...which where I come from equates to stealing.

I am going to talk to some cops I know...what do you guys think?
Old August 7, 2005, 08:13 PM   #2
rambo1937

rip off

report him to ebay. They have some sort of a guarentee I think. Don't let him get away with this. Jim
Old August 7, 2005, 11:52 PM   #3
Eghad

take a screenshot of what was shown and what you got mail it to e-bay.

I got ripped one time and the butt hole gave me a hard time. and lots of e-mails with basless legal threats. just opened a case with e-bay and pay pal and forwarded them to pay-pal..lol. he got kicked of e-bay.

I got my money back.

NRA Life Member
Old August 8, 2005, 07:25 AM   #4
45Badger

Did you communicate with him before leaving feedback? Maybe he sent wrong knife by mistake?

At this point, it sounds like neither of you has any interest in correcting a bad transaction. Good luck!
Old August 19, 2005, 09:30 AM   #5
Te Anau

Definitely report him.
Old August 19, 2005, 09:33 AM   #6
paul wesley

does ebay really work
Old August 19, 2005, 12:06 PM   #7
MD_Willington

I can relate to this but on a different level, I'm a moderator at a microprocessor support website (AMD), usually we have people post there about purchasing remarked or faked processors with a higher rating.

What we've found is that this type of deception is quite prevalent. So it is really no surprise that the knife you purchased is not what it should have been. I try my best to stay far away from Ebay, a lot of what is sold on there in most cases can be found at the local $1 or $2 stores.

That is just my opinion, some of you may have had better experiences with Ebay, and I also believe that there are legitimate sellers there, it just seems that there are also a lot of people there trying to make a "Fast Buck".

MD
Old August 27, 2005, 02:43 AM   #8
Knives4WholesaleHQ

Hey, I resemble that remark! LOL!

Hey everyone. Just want to tell you all it is a pleasure to join your discussion board. This is the owner of Knives4Wholesale.com and Knives4WholesaleHQ on Ebay stores. It was told to me by a close associate that someone was bad-mouthing my company here so I felt I at least need to defend myself to some extent. DefJon was very quick to leave me feedback on Ebay without EVER contacting me to fix a small problem. Yes I sell some of the cheapest (no pun intended) switchblade and automatic knives on the net. I have high quality knives and i have inexpensive knives. I also offer quantity wholesale pricing, hence Knives4Wholesale. All of my knives are tested in our warehouse before being shipped out to our faithful customers. And sometimes a few may get damaged during shipping. But the right thing to do in a situation like this, is to contact the seller of the product. I replace ALL defective items without hesitation. I even have a non satisfactory return policy and am willing to make exchanges and do upgrades. DefJon acted very impulsively (hopefully his trigger finger is not as impulsive as he is) and made a a harsh decision unfairly. I was no longer willing to correct the problem, I will admit, after his string of arrogant and insulting emails. Hey, I'm a guy running a business to the public, but I don't have to take crap off of anyone, now do I? Heck No! And all of my feedbacks are real! LOL!! I have a lot of friends but when you consider 603 feedbacks and only 1/3 of customers actually take the time to send feedback, I would say I have quite a number of satisfied knife collectors and resellers. Now I am willing to send DefJon a BRAND SPANKING NEW QUALITY KNIFE if he gives me and my company a public apology on this board. I haven't even bad talked him, because I don't need to do that. If any of you collectors or store and shop owners are interested in purchasing my some of my Automatic Knives and Italian Stilettos at great prices (also available wholesale) just mention you saw this post and i will give you 5% your order amount for first time purchases. Does not include shipping! LOL! Check out my site and Ebay store for great deals on great knives.

www.knives4wholesale.com
www.stores.ebay.com/Knives4WholesaleHQ

Thanks everyone!!!
Old August 30, 2005, 12:50 AM   #9
dgludwig

Knives4WholesaleHQ: If you sent defjon the wrong knife and told him"Not only did you get the wrong knife but you won't get what you paid for..." as he alleges, then, sir, IMO, it is YOU who is in debt for an apology as well as making the transaction right.You admit you "were no longer willing to correct the problem" (I assume you mean YOUR problem) because defjon was too hasty (in your judgement) to be critical of your business tactics.Unless there's something else here going on that I'm not privy to, it seems to me that,at least in this instance, your business dealings are at least questionable, if not unethical.
Old September 1, 2005, 01:05 AM   #10
Knives4WholesaleHQ

Last Reply To A Tiresome Post

Ok,

Here is the url for the Ebay auction so everyone can really see what DefJon is talking about. He purchase a $17.00 Die Cast and Plastic stiletto and that is exactly what he got. There was never a "really nice blue micarta handle", that he paid "top dollar" for. It wasn't even advertised as an authentic italian stiletto. Nor does the listing state it is made in Italy. I offered to swap the color he received, but he wanted to rant and make derogatory comments, so I shut him down. Plain and simple. So here it is for everyone who cares to see. I have hundreds of satisfied customers and a few unsatisfied every now and again! Thanks for listening!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=475&item=6550300842

Jason

www.Knives4Wholesale.com

www.stores.ebay.com/knives4wholesalehq
Old September 1, 2005, 03:10 AM   #11
Wildalaska

What a boring thread....fighting over junk...

But then again, mr Knivesforwholesale, dont ya think you could have advertised your "$17.00 Die Cast and Plastic stiletto" as a "$17.00 Die Cast and Plastic stiletto" instead of tossing in the verbiage to make it seem like someone is getting something a bit better...after all, if you are getting $16.99 for them, what are you paying...$4.00 delivered...and ya wonder why folks get upset?

Anyway, dont respond there is waaaaaaaaay too much bandwidth on this

By the way, didnt know you could sell autos on ebay with blades more than 2 inches...that pic sure looks like more than 2 inches...bending the rules are we?

WildandmrbuyeryagetwhatyapayforAlaska
Old September 1, 2005, 03:03 PM   #12
RsqVet

Report it to all levels of E-bay and whoever you paid with, not to mention the Postal service if this guy is dumb enough to be shipping working automatic knives across state lines through the postal service!

Ebay prohibits auto knives over 2 inches, I suspect because CA prohibits them at 2 inches, this guy obviously is a fraus becuse he lists all his knives as 5 cm which is 1.96 inches and believem looking at what he is selling they all ain't under 2 inches no way no day. Many states prohibit auto knives outright and as somone living in a state that does not (AZ) I'd like to keep it that way by having responsible owners and knife dealers --- all the cutlery stores here that I have been to are very carefull about ID checks for customers and warning folks about other states laws. (boardering on CA here you can imagine the world of hurt one from AZ could find themsleves in if they forgot to take their CCW, ASP baton and auto knife out of their glove box before heading to LA --- all legal here, who knows how many years in the state lock-up in CA)

Anyway as I understand it unless it has changed from when I looked into it last possession of auto knives is not all out probibited as some think --- that was left to the state level and varies from all to none, however interstate comerce, except for dealers, the military, LE / public safety etc. The finer points of this escape my recall but it's why places used to sell knives as kits or without springs and other such charades.

BTW -- not to be critical we all have our wants here in life but why a cheap switch blade? I suspect if it was not for the novelty of automatic knives this guy would not be selling much on ebay. If you want look into the boker, benchmade, microtec and other production automatics -- they are suprisingly good quality for low priced knives.
Old September 1, 2005, 06:26 PM   #13
Jart

Quote:
suprisingly good quality for low priced knives.
Not a phrase I've heard a lot when referring to Microtech, although I certainly agree with you on the quality.

'Course I gravitate to the OTF's and haven't found the Scarab for much under 450.00. Wonder when we'll see those on ebay?

I also concur on the novelty aspect. Once the forbiden fruit shine wears off, there's not much to recommend them, although Darrel Ralph's are darn nice looking and pretty reasonable for what you get.
Old September 1, 2005, 06:45 PM   #14
John_W_L

Certainly report him to Ebay and Paypal. I have been buying on Ebay for over 5 years(mostly gun parts)and they have supported me on a few bad occasions.Most of the sellers are honest but I really review feedback before I buy.Unfortunately if you leave an legit neg you can expect the same just for payback.John
Old September 2, 2005, 07:39 PM   #15
RsqVet

Jart --

My comment (not being defensive here, just explaining), is in the context of carrying a Chris Reeve Sebenza (for the past 9 years or so --- there are a lot of other knives out there now that could equal the quality / strength of this knife now, however at the time there were not and it was more or less the most econimical --- I came to this conclushion having broken or been massivly disapointed in other production knives) as a pocket knife --- that goes for about 480 a pop if I recall correct and he sells them like they are going out of style, for making a quality auto, at less than that, with all the added parts, machine work etc seems quite cheap to me whils still having good quality. Plus a lot of the shops here in AZ have them on specal / colos out or so forth periodically.

Plus some of the production / custom autos go into the 800 or so range real quick for not a whole lot more than microtec is offering so I guess it's all relative.

Personally I like titanum slabed knives and have been tempted by a few autos I have seen like this, but agian it would just sit on my desk as it's too much of a pain to carry and explain and too likely to cause the soiling of knickers at work if I had to use it as a TOOL, that is one of the best qualities of the Reeve knife --- It's a stong, hard use knife, call it tactical if you must, that does not have a buch of extra stuff added to it to either scare the sheep or get in the way in life.
Old September 5, 2005, 07:44 PM   #16
defjon

Wow, I hadn't checked this thread, wish I had. Pretty amazing they actually showed up here, wish someone would've let me know!

No way I'm appologizing!

Why would I want another knife that doesn't lock back?? defeats the whole purpose. I stripped the knife bare because it was a dangerous product. Look how professional this businessman is, even here he makes snide comments and attacks (that trigger finger comment).

BTW, the description of the knife I gave I got from the auction! The blue micarta sure as hell isn't what I got...

If you feel like getting the little offer (nice stunt) go ahead, but I'd recommend spending the 20 bucks on something useful, like ammo, or maybe just setting it on fire or wiping your @$$ with it, just as useful as broken knives and shady, corrupt Ebay-ers.

I'm never ordering online again.

(Accept maybe from JG...)
Old September 5, 2005, 07:49 PM   #17
defjon

"contacting me to fix a small problem"

How is it a small problem, exactly, to receive a broken product that is not at all what was ordered??

"String of emails"?

Two. Try two. I emailed twice, quite calm and collected. These I have saved if you want publically posted what was really said. I understand that I purchased a 17 dollar item, but I still expect a few things, call me old fashioned. Even cheap, I expect it to work. It is advertised as having a locking mechanism (didn't), being blue, being sharp, and being functional. It was none of the above.

This seller deserved negative feedback for his negative service. Had he corrected the problem, I would have withdrawn my feedback. This pratice is completely unscrupulous!

Could I get him in trouble for sending an automatic knife to Illinois?

Yes, surely.

But then again, I ordered it . So I am dealing with this matter purely from the standpoint that I was ripped off, and I have documented email evidence where the Company refuses to give me what I paid for and refuses to refund my money.

Jon
Old September 7, 2005, 12:07 PM   #18
MAUSER88

Needless to say I won't be buying anything from KNIVES4WHOLESALE :barf:

Well it looks like Ebay shut down his store, I wonder why??? That's some attitude you got there. Ever hear the expression, the customer is always right?
Old October 12, 2005, 03:45 PM   #19
stagnut

well i read the ebay link and I didnt see blue Micarta anywhere written??? did i miis it??
looks like a cheap stilletto to me. doesnt look like any blue Micarta ive ever seen..just looks like blue plastic
if you buy something for a few bucks dont expect a knife worth alot,
you couldnt buy micarta handles for what you paid for the knife in the first place lol..
sounds like buyers remorse big time
i give it 1 thumbs down
Old October 16, 2005, 04:56 PM   #20
defjon

Wow, one post huh? Joined up just to post here on my ancient thread...:barf:

Anyway, all trolls aside, he didn't give the actual link to my product. He linked one similar.
Old October 17, 2005, 06:03 PM   #21
Japle

I'll give him a chance.

I ordered a Boker auto and a cheap OTF.

I'll post when I get them.

John
Cape Canaveral
Old October 19, 2005, 06:39 PM   #22
Japle

Got them today. Exactly as described.

The Boker is the best auto I have. Really good deal for the price.

Now that I don't have to worry very much about some knucklehead's survivors' lawyer hitting me in court with, "Please tell the jury, Sir, why you were carrying two guns and two knives one of which was a SWITCHBLADE"!!, I'll start packin' the Boker and put my CRKT away for a while.

John
Cape Canaveral
Old October 24, 2005, 09:56 PM   #23
USP45usp

Whoa... IIRC, selling switchblades and Stilleto's across state lines is a no no. You can buy a fully auto knife in states that have a factory (like me here in Oregon with benchmade) but if it goes across state lines... that is a federal crime (to both the seller and the buyer to not be bias).

The knife sold had to be a "kit knife" that is sent with a weak spring and really a piece of crap to be within the law.

Oh, and you bought a Switchblade (blade swings out of the handle) and not a Stilleto (which the blade comes out the top of the handle).

I did go to their site, and they have the "federal, State" law thing. When they know if they ship a knife out of state that is an automatic, it's against federal law. If it crosses state lines, they are regulated.

Wayne

ps, you got screwed. Sorry to say so, but they reamed you good. (Collector of fine automatic knives, three benchmades so far, because by law, those are the only ones that I'm allowed to have while in this state)
Old October 25, 2005, 04:55 AM   #24
demarpaint

After reading his replies it sounds like you got screwed. Report him! If needed take it to the highest possible levels, especially if shipping the knive violated any laws.

Quote: RsqVet:

Report it to all levels of E-bay and whoever you paid with, not to mention the Postal service if this guy is dumb enough to be shipping working automatic knives across state lines through the postal service!

+1
Old October 25, 2005, 03:45 PM   #25
joab

In my opinion his own response is what gives him a negative in my mind.

I don't deal with attitudes like that.

I have been in customer service for over 20 years and have been mistreated by customers or at least have had customers complain to much about what to me were trivial easily fixable issues.

I have never treated a customer like that, except the one I knocked out for complaining in a physical manner