The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old December 19, 2012, 12:46 AM   #1
attila787

NFA trust completed now what?

So I wanted to get your consensus, about two weeks ago I finally got a lawyer to complete an NFA trust for me, tomorrow I will get it notarized. However, with the most recent events I'm starting to wonder if I should move forward with this or am wasting my money and time. What do you guys think?

Also more of a dumb question now that I got the NFA trust and once its notarized.....Now what? Do I send it in with my check and wait for the stamp or do I make a purchase then send it in with the firearm information and wait for the class III dealer to give me a call to receive the item??? How does this part work?
Old December 19, 2012, 08:54 AM   #2
Skans

I don't think there will be any changes at all made to NFA laws. It doesn't make any sense to further restrict the transfer of registered machine guns. Silencers aren't even in the news - below the radar for now.
Old December 19, 2012, 11:35 AM   #3
scsov509

Quote:
Also more of a dumb question now that I got the NFA trust and once its notarized.....Now what? Do I send it in with my check and wait for the stamp or do I make a purchase then send it in with the firearm information and wait for the class III dealer to give me a call to receive the item??? How does this part work?
Have you already purchased the item that you'll be adding to the trust?
Old December 19, 2012, 12:55 PM   #4
attila787

scsov509: Yes, I just made a purchase for a lower this morning for my upper an HK416, buts here the issue.

I'm currently attending school in WA, but my resident state is Texas, my FFL will be holding my lower until I can return this summer (can't go sooner because my wife is expecting TWINS!). So I was hoping while I'm in WA, if I could get the process started so by the time I return I should have my "Stamp" or at least it will be pretty close.

Any ideas????
Old December 19, 2012, 06:52 PM   #5
scsov509

Why are you putting the lower into a trust? Are you building a short barreled rifle?
Old December 19, 2012, 07:53 PM   #6
attila787

Yes, I have a hk 416 upper 10.3 inch barrel.