The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 2, 1999, 12:25 PM   #1
Hairball

I bought a Mossberg 9200 about a year ago and have used it little since because of a problem in the feeding system. It tends to release two (2) live shells into the reciver at once from time to time. This is very anoying and a real pain to get "un-jammed" I wrote Mossberg about this problem and thier only answer was "Send the gun back to us for repair" I really dont want to do this, and would like to fix it myself if
possible.

From taking it apart and inspecting it, it seems the "shell stops" might be worn, but i've only ran like 40 rounds through it. Seems to me they should last much longer than that.

anyone else have problems like this or have any ideas on how to fix it??

[This message has been edited by Hairball (edited March 04, 1999).]
Old March 4, 1999, 11:14 PM   #2
Grayfox

I'd advise sending it back to Mossberg. Not only will it be fixed right, but companies need feedback on problems like this to de-bug new models. If you don't know exactly what you are doing, you might just add to your problems.
Old March 5, 1999, 02:56 AM   #3
Hairball

I'd like to send it back to the factory, but i have a little problem.

I ship out to the US Marine Corps in about 2 weeks.. (Boot camp)

And i really dont know where i'll be after that, so i was hoping to be able to fix it myself, then take it with me after i get stationed somewhere... (not to boot of course)
Old March 7, 1999, 01:42 AM   #4
Grayfox

Well that would work out pretty good. Send the gun back to the factory and it can be repaired while you're away. All you need is an adult at home to sign for it when UPS returns it. Can you arrange that?
BTW: In case you didn't know. An idividual can ship a gun direct to the manufacturer for service work and the manufactuer can ship it back to your home. UPS requires an adult sign for the gun when its delivered.