The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old November 26, 2018, 11:12 PM   #1
Prof Young

Tell me about you NAA Pug

So, I've read a lot on this forum and other places on the net. I've looked at all the NAA 22 mag guns via internet and am thinking about the pug. It would be a range gun and some summer carry. From reviews on the net it looks like the pug may be the "easiest" to use accurately.

So, owners or anyone with real pug experience . . . talk to me, please.

Life is good.
Prof Young
Old November 27, 2018, 04:14 PM   #2
JN01

I have one with .22 Mag/.22 LR cylinders. While not a target gun with either, it shoots more accurately with the magnum cylinder. With the XS sights, you can get a consistant sight picture much easier than with other NAA models. They are really loud.

If you carry it in a pocket, a holster that covers both the trigger and hammer is a must. Otherwise, a bit of pressure on the hammer will allow the cylinder to rotate and leave the firing pin on a live round.

The OEM rubber grips are OK, but C Vang grips provide a bit better grip and also shield the sharp edges on the rear of the cylinder. http://www.revisioncv.com/catalog/1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NAAPugweb.JPG (172.2 KB, 37 views)
Old November 27, 2018, 06:24 PM   #3
CANIS

For more than 20 years, I have owned one or more NAA revolvers. I have never had the hammer slip off the safety notch. This is over several years of carrying it in the back pocket of a pair of jeans while working in the oilfield blowing stuff up to clear rock for locations.

That being said, the Pug is nice little compromise in a tiny little pocket gun. The sights help keep it paper plate accurate out to 10-15 yards and the rubber grips make it fairly easy to manipulate.

I carry one in my pocket at home or when out and about in a rear pocket as a backup to my Seecamp or larger gun.

I prefer the ballistics and accuracy of the Black Widow, which has a 2" barrel and is silly accurate. I can knock out the X ring of a silhouette target with ease with my little gun. I took off the larger grips it came with and put on a rubber pair like what the pug comes with.

They are great little guns and .22mag is nothing to sneeze at when it comes to penetration, even out of the little NAA guns. I wholeheartedly endorse getting one. You will love it.
Old November 29, 2018, 09:54 PM   #4
franco45

I owned a Pug several years ago and regret selling it. I currently own a Black Widow and a couple of Sidewinders. All three live in coat pockets with appropriate holsters as described in a previous post. I live alone so it is safe to leave them in the coats. I always carry a larger gun so the minis serve as bugs.