The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 1, 2018, 09:07 PM   #26
Mackie244Bud

Quote:
It won't work as well as a tourniquet though.
Was this about a KORE belt?
I absolutely think that a KORE belt would work great as a tourniquet!
Once you slide the belt through the buckle you can squeeze it down as small as you want to the buckle itself.
Because no belt has holes or a trakline to the very end you would have to hold it tight manually.

A Great thought though...If KORE had the Trakline run the entire length of the belt it could actually be tightened down on say a leg click by click for exacting pressure needed.
Also because you have to release the pressure at intervals it would be very easy with the release and then easily snug it back up.
A very easy tourniquet especially if you are alone!
Just take off your KORE belt and you have a instant Tourniquet!

KORE could make a hunting belt or at least a special series that runs the trakline all the way and advertise it as a life saving tourniquet in a emergency!

I'm sending this idea to KORE!

Mackie244 / Bud

Last edited by Mackie244Bud; March 1, 2018 at 09:15 PM.
Old March 1, 2018, 09:28 PM   #27
Mackie244Bud

This is what I wrote to KORE's Contact email:

Quote:
I own a X1 Gun Belt and I love it.
On a handgun forum a remark was made that
"It won't work as well as a tourniquet though"

I responded...
I absolutely think that a KORE belt would work great as a tourniquet!

Then adding what I wrote above and closing with:

And now I have.
I do not know if you ever thought of this before but because you have Gun Belts that may be involved in a shooting a natural thought is using a KORE trakline belt as an emergency tourniquet.

So there you have it.
Thank you again for your belt.

Regards,
We will see if they do anything.

Mackie244 / Bud
Old March 1, 2018, 10:09 PM   #28
RETG

If a tourniquet is needed, you can rip off a shirt sleeve, use the complete shirt, coat, boot laces, etc.
Or just whip out the pack of Quikclot carried in the back pocket.
Old March 1, 2018, 10:13 PM   #29
cw308

As a tourniquet the reinforcement insert would have to be removed . Never thought this post would bring back old memories. I just want to let anyone thats on the fence on buying a Kore belt , don't hesitate , the belts are fantastic. Thanks guys for all your help

Chris
Old March 6, 2018, 03:51 PM   #30
RETG

Finally got around to driving down to the mail box (and into town) and now I have played with the belts, I have to say I like them (leather and the nylon tactical).

Either could be used as a temp tourniquet since even the extremely stiff tactical model can be pulled down to a size that would easily fit over a let; and a good size arm. They would have to be held since you could not tie them off, but in case of an emergency, they could be used. But if a tourniquet is needed, there are numerous things that can be used other than a belt.

As for the belts as belts, the leather is really nice and appears to be high quality, buckle works very well, and I love the 1/4 adjustments compared to the one inch adjustments with most buckle belts. Nice and stiff so they should easily hold most any gun/holster that someone would carry.

The nylon tactical is VERY stiff and you cannot fold over the belt's width. Like one reviewer stated he almost broke an ankle stepping on one.

My only problem was I ordered the black tactical belt (X1 buckle) and added the extra brown leather belt (they call it a strap) and realized I do not want to change the buckle between belts, so I will rectify and order another X1 buckle.
Old March 6, 2018, 08:41 PM   #31
cw308

RETG
I liked the belt so much I ordered one for my Son & Son inlaw , both are in LE , they shipped an will be delivered Thursday . One to NY the other Florida. Both EDC Black x1 buckle . Very Nice Belt.
Old March 18, 2018, 01:27 AM   #32
In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring
Checked out their line , high quality . They use the conventional belt buckle , I was looking at the Kore belts , I like how they adjust 1/4" at a time .Easy to get that perfect fit . From the products Andrews Leather is Turing out their prices are up there but fair for custom work .Thanks for answering my post .

Chris

Welcome man and thank you, for suggesting Kore belts. I had no idea such a belt existed.

I'm on fitness kick right now, just 23 more pounds to go and I'll be back to a pretty trim waistline. Then I might get a new belt, although I was thinking about something exotic like "spinal stingray" from Andrews. I'll look into Kore though.
Old March 23, 2018, 11:37 PM   #33
dave7798801

Got one earlier this week with the X1 buckle and overall I am satisfied with it. Really like the adjustability, my only complaint is since I'm a little overweight if I don't keep the top of the buckle below my pants waistband it digs into my belly when sitting. I wish they made a buckle with more rounded corners.
Old March 24, 2018, 08:18 AM   #34
cw308

Dave
For your own health , you get rid of your round corners. Your not that far away , drop a few lbs. You an your belt will feel better. Good Luck & enjoy the belt.

Chris
Old March 24, 2018, 02:58 PM   #35
BWM

How thick is the leather and how wide does it come. Looking for 11/2 wide 1/4 thick and 50 longe
Old March 24, 2018, 03:11 PM   #36
cw308

BMW
Check out the site , Kore Essentials EDC gun belt. The belt is 1.5" two pieces of leather with a Ridgid insert , three different types of buckles to pick from . If your looking for a every day carry gun belt you can't go wrong with the Kore Essentials track line belt . You can adjust in 1/4" adjustments , what other belt can do that . It's my favorite belt even when I'm not carrying a firearm .
Old March 24, 2018, 03:49 PM   #37
dave7798801

The leather itself is about 56" long although the cut marks go to 48. I cut mine at the 42 mark, I wear a 38" waist pant and wanted a little more length for a IWB holster (kydex for a PX4 compact). I could get away with cutting off a couple more inches and probably will but want to wear it with some different pants first, can always cut more off, can't put it back if I cut off too much. The belt is 7/32" thick. According to the website the nylon tactical belts are longer and will fit up to a 54" waist.
Old March 25, 2018, 05:44 PM   #38
rjinga

I ordered a Kore Tactical belt on Wednesday and got it yesterday (Saturday). The brand new Kore Tactical is stiffer than the other two belts that I regularly wear with my firearms: a Kore leather belt (about 1-1/2 years old); and, a 5-stitch Wilderness Tactical Frequent-flyer (3 years and change). And, it's a lot stiffer than the Nexbelt Nylon Concealed Tactical belt that I also have.

I wore the Kore Tactical around the house, with my Sig P229, on Saturday. And then, I wore it out to church, and lunch, today with the Sig and a spare mag. I think it's going to be stiff enough, but also comfortable enough, and stylish enough, to wear as a casual EDC belt.

Sig Sauer P229 SAS GEN 2 E2 9mm; PTR 91, GI model; Chinese Type 56 SKS; Smith & Wesson Shield 9mm
Old April 2, 2018, 07:17 AM   #39
RETG

After a few weeks of wearing a Kore leather belt (approx. 3/2/18), I have to say that except for the trackbelt adjustments which I like, I am disappointed in the wear at the holster location.

This is not noticeable while wearing where the holster since the holster hides the wear, however, when removing the belt the wear is very noticeable and I will be surprised if the belt lasts anywhere as long as the belt it is replacing; a standard 1.5" Carhartt leather belt. And the Carhartt, is over three years old.

I have only carried a P30SK in a Desantis Holster, not a heavy handgun, since I started wearing this belt and other than the permanent bends in the belt, the wear is actually located at the BOTTOM of the belt where it goes through the rear loop on the holster. I believe the bottom is being worn due to the location of the holster on the belt and when I sit the holster is contacting the chair and is being pushed up causing the wear. But it took years for the wear to be as noticeable on the other belts.
But the other belts were SOLID leather, whereas, this belt is two layers sewn together with a piece of plastic in the middle. And the crimp is at the location of the seam where the two are sewn together.

The holster does not sag, but it never sagged when on the Carhartt belt. And I am not advertising just for Carhartt, the leather belt I used previously was a Levi leather belt and it lasted many years. And the Carhartt and Levi belts were used to support a full size Beretta PX4 in a Desantis holster, so more weight.

Since I like the trackbelt idea, I might give Anson Belt a try to see if the wear is more/less/same.

This shows the permanent bends in the belt where the holster is located:

This shows the wear at the "bottom" part of the belt where the last loop of the Desantis holster is located:

I give MY OPINION (not often) based on many years shooting at, other than paper targets. I will not debate my experience vs. your experience based on dreams and "what ifs." I'm 73; I'm too damn old to care.

Last edited by RETG; April 2, 2018 at 07:23 AM.
Old April 2, 2018, 08:41 AM   #40
cw308

RETG
I would give Kore Essentials a call , that shouldn't happen . I'm using a IWB holster but I'm waiting for a outside holster by R Grizzle they take some time . Is the holster belt openings a tight fit to the belt . I carry a Colt New Agent 3" 1911 your Hk is a full size , shouldn't make a difference though . Your the first one listing a problem like that . Give them a call , would like to know what they say .

Chris
Old April 2, 2018, 04:09 PM   #41
RETG

The HK P30SK is NOT a full size handgun. SK in German stands for Compact. It's a 10 round mag.
The holster was used on a belt that was actually wider and the holster slides easily.
I've left a similar review on their website; along with the same two pictures.
I understand the leather will wear, just not happy with the crimps and the noted wear in the edge.

I might give Anson a try. Same idea, a track system; however, their belts/buckles are less expensive; not much, but less.
I give MY OPINION (not often) based on many years shooting at, other than paper targets. I will not debate my experience vs. your experience based on dreams and "what ifs." I'm 73; I'm too damn old to care.
Old April 2, 2018, 05:08 PM   #42
cw308

Anson's a lifetime warranty , Kore 30 days money back one year warranty . I would hope Kore does something for you . Can the Kore buckle be used with the Anson belt or is the track set up differently ?
Old April 2, 2018, 06:23 PM   #43
RETG

I'll see. But I noticed they are not publishing my review with photos.
Old April 3, 2018, 06:06 AM   #44
locknloader

RETG thanks for sharing your experience.

Aside from the wear on the thin leather outer layer, has the belt held its shape up? I currently have a desantis econobelt that's has lasted me about a year of daily use, and its got some weird sags in it. The belt is no longer straight, it dips down by my hips. Is the core belt losing its shape too?
Old April 3, 2018, 07:58 AM   #45
RETG

The remaining part of the belt is holding up very well. No bends, no wear; however, it is only a month old, but the trackline adjustments is great.
I have no plans of using another belt; however, I may order out the Anson concealed carry belt just to see how it stands up to the wear from the holster.

Since camping season, for me, starts Sunday, I will be switching to the Kore Tactical belt I also purchased, and that means a full size PX4, .40 will be carried, along with a double mag holder. I might take the leather belt along just to see how it handles the larger, heavier gun and extra mags. Not sure....
Old April 3, 2018, 08:24 AM   #46
cw308

I have the belt for alittle over a month , still looks brand new using a IWB holster 3" 1911 ,I ordered a belt for my Son & Son in law both in LE both carry full size , both love the belt with no issues. Granted it's not that a long enough test . Hopefully RETG got a defective cow and Kore will correct , we'll see . So far everyone here loves the belt.
Old April 3, 2018, 03:33 PM   #47
RETG

I sure don't love the belt. I like the trackline feature, but the belt itself is just ok; even if there was no abnormal wear. However, the problem is to get a piece of plastic inside the leather you need to sew two layers together.

I wish they would somehow figure out how to put the trackline inside a solid leather belt that is thicker; similar to the solid leather and thickness of a Carhartt or Levi belt.

I have worn solid leather belts for over thirty years, carrying a full size SIG, H&K with no problem. I just hate buckles so I like the trackline idea.
Old April 3, 2018, 07:43 PM   #48
Bartholomew Roberts

My first Milt Sparks gunbelt is 18yrs old now. Not very pretty anymore; but still completely functional.
Old April 11, 2018, 07:41 AM   #49
RETG

Update on the tactical belt.
After about a week of wearing with a full size PX4, the belt is holding up; however, due to the design of being nylon, the end is getting flared out and bent just a small amount and the flaring and the bend is making it hard as heck to push through the slots in the buckle and into the first belt loop on the jeans.

I have written Kore giving them a suggestion to sew a small piece of reinforced leather to the front that will cure the flaring of the nylon.

They could also produce a buckle with larger clearance in the slots that belt is in; however, that would negate the idea of using the same buckle for other belts.

I'll be interested in the reply; if there is one.
Old April 11, 2018, 06:51 PM   #50
cw308

I didn't try the tactical belt , seemed a bit much for my needs . My EDC Kore belt is holding up well , I carry a Colt New Agent 3" 1911 45acp in a IWB Milt Sparks holster, that's not a good test for the belt . Waiting on a OWB by R Grizzle , will be a better test . The track line attracted me to the belt , sorry to hear your having problems.

Chris