The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 10, 2012, 12:45 PM   #1
Biff Tannen

Laserlyte: Anyone else have excellent customer service?

I picked up a Laserlyte laser for my NAA MINI REVLOVER and was very impressed at how sturdy and durable it was...
A year later, while making adjustments, I took out the adjustment and mounting screws (six in all), and left the room for a moment. Upon my return, I realized that my cat had decided that the tiny screws made great playtoys, and had nocked them into the cracks in my hardwood floor.
One call to Laserlyte was all it took... The friendly rep happily sent me all new screws absolutely free of charge (they even covered the cost of shipping)!
Now, THAT'S a great American company: great product, great customer service!
Anyone else out there have a great experience with Laserlyte?
Old July 11, 2012, 01:18 PM   #2
Thespis

No experience with Lazerlyte. But I had a great experience with NAA (North American Arms) a few years back. Here in Massachusetts, citizens are limited to buying guns that are on not just one but two different lists of approved weapons. Needless to say, the list of guns you cannot buy here is much longer than the list of those legal for purchase. Alas, NAA pistols or revolvers are not legal unless manufactured before 1998. Awhile back, I got lucky and found a pre-98 NAA Guardian pistol in .32 ACP and bought it. Not so luckily, the pistol had a real problem with stove-piping whatever load I was trying to run through it. Finally sent the pistol to NAA in Provo, Utah. Weeks later, I received my pistol back along with a long itemized list of parts that had been replaced - with prices. The parts list totaled well over $400, which was approximately the original cost of the pistol. Cost to me for the repairs? $0 for parts, ditto for labor. They even sent me an extra magazine and paid return postage. And the little NAA pistol has performed flawlessly ever since. Needless to say, I'm a huge fan of NAA's service!

Old July 11, 2012, 01:37 PM   #3
Cheapshooter

Yes, I bought a side mounted Laserlyte for my LCP, and on the first test fire the dot turned into a large square of dots. When I first called them the CS person told me to first clean the lens well with a soft brush to make sure there wasn't an obstruction. When that failed to correct the problem I called back, and within 4 days had a brand new laser, a postage paid envelope for the bad one, and A FULL CARD OF ONE DOZEN SPARE BATTERIES for my inconvenience
I'd say great SC!
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old July 11, 2012, 10:19 PM   #4
NESHOOTER

I also bought 3 lasers for my semi-auto and one of them would not ajust, they were more concerned about it not working and sent a replacement also with spare batteries so fast they even sent me a return envelope for the laser. I informed them it was no hurry but as it was not a carry pistol they just would not hear of it. So yes I am happy with there Service and Honor.
Old July 18, 2012, 03:54 PM   #5
Rj1972

I received a laserlyte target trainer as a gift. For some reason it didn't come with the screws (6) it was supposed to have. After an short email to their customer service they responded asking for my address info to send me out the screws. I can easily say that they SHOULD do this, but I can also that it was quick and painless. Pretty happy.