The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old March 2, 2019, 10:09 AM   #1
Zen Archery

West Texas Dark Brownie

Heart shot was awesome.
Catching the thermal heat signature of the bullet going through the coyote was EPIC!
My second 30lb Coyote!
Click here for video.

Old March 2, 2019, 10:47 AM   #2
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Never know what's gonna show up when you're calling Ol' Wily. Red tail hawks in day time; horned owls and bobcats at night. A buddy of mine, calling in the late afternoon, had a cougar ghost past about ten feet in front of his stand.
Old March 2, 2019, 10:36 PM   #3
Colorado Redneck

Nice video! You have too much fun....
Amazing how tough coyotes are, and how strong the instinct to flee. I was shooting prairie dogs when a coyote showed up. I was eating a sandwich and chatting with my wife when I spotted him. I layed the cell phone down, got a bead on it, and sent a 50 gr. Vmax through it. It jumped straight up and flopped over in some tall grass. I finished my snack, and started thinning the prairie dog herd when I saw that coyote stand up and started trotting off. It only made it maybe 30 feet and went down. I went over to see if my aim was outa whack
The exit hole in his ribs was 3 inches wide. It was dead, but hadn't got the news. I was impressed.
Old March 5, 2019, 06:29 PM   #4
std7mag

Zen,
Tell us about you rig!!! Lol

"Januarary 6th insurrection".
Funny, I didn't see a single piece of rope...
Old March 6, 2019, 01:21 AM   #5
kilotanker22

Follow him on YouTube and you can see most of what he uses. He puts out some pretty good videos. I enjoy them.
“We do not seek peace in order to be at war, but we go to war that we may have peace. Be peaceful, therefore, in warring, so that you may vanquish those whom you war against, and bring them to the prosperity of peace.
– St. Augustine
Old March 6, 2019, 12:19 PM   #6
ocharry

dang Zen you are on a roll with the yotes here for sure,,,

i cant wait to get back out there,,,cold as heck here in Mo. right now and i just had cataract surgery a week ago and the doc says 3 weeks before any recoil,,,lol

that was the first question i asked him,,,how long before this thing can handle recoil,,,,look on his face was priceless

knock them out Zen,,,,that one looks like another nice yote

ocharry