The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 16, 2019, 12:10 PM   #1
triplebike

Taurus G2C Range report

Was looking for a slightly lighter summer carry than my Walther PPQ. Looked at some forums and found alot of favorable reviews. Took a ride to my LGS & found that it was quite comfortable, looked well made "decent sights. " and was on sale. So I took a chance and walked out with a brand new handgun for a $197. Comes in a cardboard box with two 12 round mags. Field stripped it (incredibly simple) cleaned and gave it a touch of oil and off to the range we went. The trigger will take a few hundred (at least for me ) rds to get used to and once that happens its not bad at all. I have fired FMJ & hollow points, brass case , aluminum case , NATO rds and about 10-12 different brands. Well over 1000 rds fired. The gun never hiccuped, not once. At 10 yds I shoot consistent 3 inch groups from a standing position with no problem at all. I have no problem with this handguns reliability becoming my summer carry. Rear sight is adjustable and its a 3 dot setup, not the greatest but they dialed in fine for me and have not moved. I have to say I'm thrilled with this handgun, its accurate comfortable and reliable. All for under 2 hundred bucks, I doubt there's a better value on the market right now.
Old May 16, 2019, 07:49 PM   #2
GarandTd

Good to hear. I looked at the millennium G2 when I made my 1st pistol purchase. I ended up choosing something else, but never stopped considering the G2. I still may end up with one eventually.
Old May 17, 2019, 03:37 PM   #3
tallball

I like mine just fine. It has yet to malfunction. My BiL discovered that the blueing on the slide isn't very durable, so I paid $20 for stainless.

The trigger is a little weird, and I decided that I slightly prefer my G26, but it seems to be a good pistol and I shoot it just fine.
Old May 17, 2019, 06:08 PM   #4
BigMikey76

I have a G2C on my hip right now. I had its predecessor, the PT111 G2 ( pretty much the exact same gun, except for the name etched on the slide) and liked it fine, too. The G2 ended up getting passed on to my son when he moved out of the house, and none of my other guns really filled the niche that it left open, so I eventually replaced it. Both have been flawless and accurate, with well over 5000 rounds through the older one, and getting close to 800 through the new one.
Old May 20, 2019, 01:27 PM   #5
TCphoto

I really wanted to like the G2C, it fit my hand well, a great price but I just didn't care for the trigger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G2C.jpg (137.6 KB, 47 views)