The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old April 30, 2015, 05:37 PM   #1
4V50 Gary
Staff

What did Louis Awerbuck teach?

Specifically, if you didn't have a light mounted on your handgun, what did he tell you with respects to holding it and illumination of your subject?
Old May 15, 2015, 12:22 AM   #2
106RR

The late Louie Awerbuck, one of the greats, taught all of the different handheld techniques. If the agency required the FBI, He taught the FBI, Harries required, he taught the Harries. He was not hide bound or ego involved like many others. He knew from experience that many different techniques will work depending on the situation. In the Low Light classes I attended he demonstrated all major techniques and allowed the students to choose any of several safe techniques.
I attended classes from level two to level seven. Don Lazzarrini has bought the business, I think. He teaches at Reeds Indoor Range in Santa Clara, Ca. Don is a top of the line instructor in every way.
Louie published several good books on the various shooting techniques.

Good Luck