The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 2, 2015, 07:28 PM   #1
baddarryl

Older Liberty Safe

Hi all. I am looking for a used safe on a budget. This is a Lincoln Series 15 that was made in 95. Very good condition that I can get for $750. I realize that it is a little small, but I have a security cabinet for my ammo and stuff. If I make some custom racks I will have plenty of room to grow I think.

I realize this is no Graffunder or Sturdy, but seems to be better than the Cannon's and junk at Dicks. Not sure about the older Liberty's quality, but seems well made. Has a manual S&G lock with center key too. I like that. If it were big enough for you would you drop $750 on one of these?

Also can these be bolted down? I tried to get the bottom pad up, but didn't want to try too hard as I was debating the size and uncommitted. Still debating that really. I have a $1000 to spend so maybe be patient, but I have been looking for a while.
Old March 2, 2015, 07:38 PM   #2
MC 1911

Liberty makes a very good safe and for $750.00 I would get it. I have a Colonial 50 and would like to have another. If you lift up the bottom panel it should be drilled so you can bolt it down.

It took some looking but I found mine without a problem. As far as size they are always too small LOL!
Old March 3, 2015, 03:42 PM   #3
hoghunting

Liberty used to make a good safe, but the company had a major division over quality of its manufacturing. Some corporate officers wanted to make the safes with lesser quality to make more profit and the others wanted to keep making the safes as they were. The cheaper made safes now have the Liberty label, the other (former) employees started their own company and now make Champion safes that are built like the older Liberty safes.

I'm not sure when Champion started building safes, but in '95, Champion didn't exist.
Old March 3, 2015, 08:52 PM   #4
baddarryl

Picked it up today for $700. It is a 1995 model. Pleased and appears to be much better quality than anything new even close to that price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Liberty Lincoln.jpg (19.0 KB, 48 views)