The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 29, 2006, 12:09 AM   #1
JohnKSa
Staff

Ammoman brouhaha @ AR-15.com FYI

Enough smoke that I'm not going to be placing any orders with him soon...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...=335943&page=1
Old March 30, 2006, 03:47 PM   #2
PythonGuy

Anyone here honestly surprised??
Old March 30, 2006, 09:54 PM   #3
JohnKSa
Staff

Up until this I had heard nothing but good about him.

In fact, I was ready to spend about $400 at his site on the recommendation of a fellow shooter. That's now on hold--perhaps permanently...
Old March 31, 2006, 08:24 AM   #4
kirkcdl

Will people ever learn?You don't buy tacos from a Chinese restaurant,you don't buy guns from a business whose main product is not firearms.I've bought ammo from him a few times,never a problem...
Old March 31, 2006, 10:11 AM   #5
Kestrel

Quote:
Will people ever learn?You don't buy tacos from a Chinese restaurant,you don't buy guns from a business whose main product is not firearms.I've bought ammo from him a few times,never a problem...
But guess what? Ammoman having an FFL and selling guns MAKE him a gun business. By your logic, we shouldn't buy ammo from a gun shop that doesn't focus on selling ammo.

The bottom line is, the buyer was DEFRAUDED. He is not the bad guy, because he bought a firearm from a company called "Ammoman", any more so than you buying ammo from some place called "Bill's Gun Shop". Let's not try to make the victim the culprit. Ammoman is the culprit.

What ammoman's primary business is, has nothing to do with being honest with his customer. Misrepresenting a firearm is fraud. If the purchase had been from anyone here and the same thing happened, I doubt folks would say, "Well, that's what you get, buying from an individual that's not in the gun business..." Of course, they would say, "that's fraud".
Old March 31, 2006, 12:07 PM   #6
OBIWAN

All the "I never had a problem posts" don't mean much IMO

What is telling, is how the vendor deals with "issues"

I value vendors that remember that wqhile the customer is not always right, they are always the customer.

And this case certainly shows a lack of customer service IMO
Old March 31, 2006, 01:06 PM   #7
NedreckSavant

kirk and kestrel are both right, You ARE supposed to have your dad's voice in your head calling you stupid for buying guns from an 'ammoman' (or getting mechanical work at a tire shop), but it IS blatant fraud to hold up a description/picture of one thing and sell another...then to only offer a hundred dollars 'credit' towards a beat to hell sks? (only 300 dollars for a 75 dollar gun, how swell)

Last edited by NedreckSavant; March 31, 2006 at 02:13 PM.
Old June 27, 2006, 09:13 AM   #8
OBIWAN

Another "satisfied customer" from over on the AK Forum

"When it appeared to me (from the part number that appeared on my order confirmation) that what he had was HP, not FMJ, I e-mailed customer service to make sure I was getting what I wanted. They replied that Wolf had sent them the wrong stuff. When I e-mailed back to cancel my order and inquire when FMJ might be available what followed was a string of abusive and condescending e-mails from Eric, the upshot being that he clearly didn't want my business.

I've been a long-time customer of ammoman.com, and while I'd heard customer service horror stories regarding them from time to time I've never had a problem with an order, so hadn't (until now) contacted them personally. Well... now I have. What a way to run a railroad!

I'll be holding out until someone else (i.e. SG) can supply my ammo needs. I won't be buying anything from Eric (at any price) in the future."

The trend seems clear....order something, receive it and everyone is happy

But have the slightest problem and he shows his true colors