The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old December 30, 2001, 11:07 AM   #1
whiskey

Makarov problem

I have an EG Mak that will not fire DA. It gives light primer strikes when fired DA. It fires great SA and is just a fun gun, but I would like to have it fixed. I replaced the main spring and that made no difference. It sometimes has a catch in the DA pull, right before it breaks. What should I replace next to help fix this?
Old December 31, 2001, 09:21 AM   #2
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

Whiskey, like all DA/SA guns the hammer doesn't cock as far back in DA as SA. I recommend a trip to your local smith. He can determine which part is worn and needs replacing. It could be either the hammer or the trigger bar assembly. Without physical inspection I can't really say which. George
Old December 31, 2001, 07:11 PM   #3
whiskey

Thanks, I have replacement parts so I will see what I have and replace what I can and go from there. If that doesn't work I'll go see the smith.