The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 31, 2006, 10:50 PM   #1
John Ringo

High Quality Shooting Bag ???

Can anyone point me to someone who manufactures a top of the line range shooting bag? I want something in either leather or nylon with a quality weave that will hold several handguns, magazines, and other supplies. Having a Glock of HK logo printed on it does not necessarily mean that it is quality. Sorry for the sarcasm:-)

The key is a high quality black bag. I have to carry my tactical gear around here with it and I want it to look good even when I dont:-)

"I like these calm little moments before the storm (Stansfield, The Professional)."
Old January 31, 2006, 11:03 PM   #2
Mike Irwin
Staff

I can't help you with the bag, but last night I decided to go in this direction...

It's Stanley's rolling light-weight tool box. All plastic, but has decent storage.

When I go to the range I normally go with a half-dozen or more handguns, and associated ammo and accoutrements. That was getting to be a BIG hassle carting around, especially the ammo. I'm hoping that this will make a big difference.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old January 31, 2006, 11:25 PM   #3
John Ringo

I like your sig Mike....

"I like these calm little moments before the storm (Stansfield, The Professional)."
Old February 1, 2006, 01:04 AM   #4
guntotin_fool

waller makes the top of the line. galati and dillon makes some nice ones, fully servicable. but Waller has the best i have seen. maybe some other low number semi custom producer out there has something better, but waller is the best i hvae seen. Ishot made one or two that were pretty good buy i never have seen one in person.
Old February 1, 2006, 03:21 AM   #5
choochboost

mother of all range bags

I've ranted about this bag before...sorry to those who have to hear it again:

I can't say enough about my range bag from "Kickin' A Packs 'N Stuff". I looked at bags with better known brand names but they could not compare. Not only is this the best bag out there but it is by far the best value. This bag comes with a lifetime guarantee and is a very durable bag made of heavy duty nylon. It comes in 2 sizes - medium or large. I have the medium bag. The whole top zips back making the interior easily accessible. It features dual lockable heavy duty zippers throughout, interior padded lockable pistol pockets (you can buy additional padded lockable pistol inserts for your growing pistol collection), bottom of the bag is constructed with a hard plate surrounded by padding making it handle the weight of multiple handguns and boxes of ammo well, 4 exterior dual zippered lockable pockets, comfortable adjustable shoulder strap, 10 magazine sleeves which can also be used for a cell phone, HKS speedloaders, etc (the large bag has 14 magazine sleeves), I even love the fact that the interior of the bag is red which makes it easier to find stuff when you're at a dimly lit indoor range. This bag is built for the range. I paid over $30 at a gun show for mine, but about a month ago I saw it on sale online for only $17.49!!! They have the large bag on sale right now...the regular price is $75 but right now its going for $30!!! I am not affiliated with this company, I am only a satisfied customer recommending what I use as opposed to just name brands I'm familiar with. You can see pics, learn more about the bags, or purchase one here: https://www.tommysgunpack.com/Produc...?ProductCode=2. Best bag, best value, you won't be disapointed. I still find myself checking out bags at shops and gun shows out of curiosity waiting to find a better bag but I don't think one exists. I've seen what other companies have to offer, but this bag is the mother of them all.
Old February 1, 2006, 05:32 AM   #6
Weeg

I use an old Camcorder Bag

Old February 1, 2006, 05:36 AM   #7
tyme
Staff

I-SHOT: http://www.gunnersalley.com/category....shootingbags/
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old February 1, 2006, 07:00 AM   #8
cscoios

I was recently looking for a new bag also, but couldn't see shelling out $60+ for an IShot or similar. I went to Home Depot and they have a ton of tool bags, that look really good also. Has a sturdy bottom to hold hundreds of rounds of ammo and many pockets inside and out that I use to hold magazines. Holds all my shooting access., ammo, and two hand guns, for $20.
Old February 1, 2006, 08:09 AM   #9
9mm1033

I have the I-Shot Pro Shooters Bag. Very well built. I like it. However, keep in mind, it does not have small compartments for storage. The outside flaps are for magazines. The other models have end pockets. If you want a bag with separate pockets for small items, maybe a tool bag would be better. But then you are limited to the number of guns it will carry.
Old February 1, 2006, 09:22 AM   #10
superpelly

I have one these(below), It was free though!! had a relative working there.
They look to be a little spendy.
http://www.uncle-mikes.com/adtemplat...catky2=2000200

Side-note, I did see sombody once at the gun range come in with a business breif case. He dialed the communation and opened it. The breif case had alot of room, plus he could lock it, which is a nice thing.

Last edited by superpelly; February 1, 2006 at 10:13 AM.
Old February 1, 2006, 09:34 AM   #11
Petre

I use one of these and usually a second flat 3 gun case ....

ADG

Holds ammo , 2-3 guns , 4 speed loaders , many clips and cleaning supplies.

The only real drawback is it won't hold my longer revolvers. But it'll hold just about any pistol.

DOCTORS
A The number of Doctors in the U.S. is approximately 700,000
B Accidental deaths caused by Doctors per year average 120,000 or 0.171 per Doctor
GUNS
A The number of legal gun owners in the U.S. is currently over 80,000,000
B The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1500 or .000188 per gun owner

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000x more dangerous than gun owners

Remember, Guns don't kill people, DOCTORS do
Old February 1, 2006, 09:45 AM   #12
root

+1 to the uncle mikes, I have this model:
http://www.uncle-mikes.com/adtemplat...catky2=2000101

it can be found cheaper elsewhere (amazon.com as I remember)
Old February 1, 2006, 10:11 AM   #13
John Ringo

Thanks folks...I currently have the setup that Petre has. I will check out the others.

Old February 1, 2006, 01:09 PM   #14
Ranger325

+1 for I-Shot. Great value and high quality, I have two of 'em.
Regards,
Old February 1, 2006, 04:29 PM   #15
Damon

Just like Erick, I have had an Eagle range bag almost as long as he has and it is sturdy.
Old February 7, 2006, 01:28 PM   #16
WeaponX

5.11 bag

I just purchased a 5.11 tactical gear range bag about two weeks ago. It could be one of the best shooting investments I ever made. It has 4 decent sized external pockets. The remaining side has a padded zip down pouch with dividers for 8 mags and a padded slot for a pistol. The inside has padded areas for a handgun on each side with a lift out bag in the center. The lift out bag itself has zippered padded areas on each side with three dividers and a bag for empty brass. All in all this bag is AWESOME! It's got great zippers and heavy stiching. The handles wrap all the way around the bag, so there is little chance for tearing them off. Check out USCAV.com.

Hope this helped.