The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old June 1, 2017, 04:01 AM   #26
50 shooter

Get the S&W or change the mini to an AR and get one instead as the mini will never equal an AR period! Mini's are the biggest POS that Bill Ruger ever dumped on the American people! The only good thing to do with one is to give it to your enemy, you'll never have to worry about them hitting you, ever!

The cheetah would be a good choice if you do decide to CCW.
No time for rearranging.
Old June 2, 2017, 12:30 AM   #27
thibaultfelix40

You don't mention a 22. I favor 22's for starters. The best 22 revolver is the S&W model 34. It is no longer made and was replaced by the model 63. I am unable to decide on the best 22 simi auto pistol. I would point out that the Beretta Cheetah is availalable in 22. I think it is the model 86. I lust for one. You might check out the Beretta 92 compact. It is a 9mm and though larger looks a lot like a Cheetah. I have a model 81, which is a double stack 32 ACP. It is so sexy and elegant that I named it Sophia Lauren. Shoots good too. You are obviously a man of taste. I think the slickest long gun available is the Browning simiauto 22. The CZ Lux models with schwienrùcken (hogback or Bavarian) stocks in centerfire and rimfire calibers exude old world class. The best 22 auto rifle is Ruger 10-22, a must have. For less than $300 you can buy a Mossberg 500 at Wally World in 12, 20, or 410 gauges. It comes with a hardwood stock and interchangeable chokes. It is a great gun and the most versatile of all. You can hunt rabbits, quail, ducks, deer and grizzily bears with it. It is reccomended for defense and is in fact used throughout the US armed forces. A model 66 Smith is a good revolver. So is the Ruger Security Six. I prefer short barrels on wheel guns and get 3"barrels if I can. They don't have to be six shooters. Wheelies come in 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 round models. It is OK to change your mind and you do not need a reason.