The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old November 6, 2010, 08:28 AM   #26
DrLaw

Straw purchase = buying the gun to immediately transfer it to somebody else as you are just making the buy, and not intending to own the gun.

The Doc is out now.

PS, I love the way I learn something new everyday on this forum.
Old November 6, 2010, 10:32 AM   #27
SfcMac

Dabull I think you've received more than enough good advice It's your license, and your future. To paraphrase the late Presidents widow Nancy Reagan " Just Say No"

Last edited by SfcMac; November 6, 2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old November 6, 2010, 02:02 PM   #28
finloq

"I told my friend I would only use my C&R to improve my collection. He didn't seem happy but I'm sticking with my gut and the spirit of the law. I'll mention the minor difference in transfer cost relative to C&R license fee. Strange he doesn't have one already considering what he likes to collect."

You mean that you won't violate Federal Firearms Statutes for him? Interstate Firearms Transfers and Sales laws, the Gun Control Act, etc. What kind of friend are you? Tell him that you will break the law for him, just as soon as he pops down to T.J. and picks up a package that may or may not contain an uncertain amount of Mexican Black Tar Heroin for you (and bring it back across the border, of course).
Old November 7, 2010, 04:12 AM   #29
essohbe

You can "gift" any firearm purchased with your 03ffl as part of your own collection also, providing the individual on the receiving end is not barred from owning and/or operating firearms in general.