The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 24, 2007, 11:45 AM   #1
Crosshair

Pro-Mag Magazines: What works, what doesn't?

OK, looking around the forum, magazines from Pro-Mag seem to be hit and miss. Some of their products work, while some seem to get very negative reviews. I figure it would be helpful to have a thread where people can give feedback on Pro-Mag magazines for different guns.

My general experience with Pro-Mag has been very negative. All of their magazines for Hi-Point guns seem to be junk and totally unreliable and their 10/22 mags don't work much better. With other people, like with the Mini-14 magazines, they seem to be reliable.

I have a Ruger PC-9 on layaway and I was wondering what kind of reliability the 9mm P-series magazines by Pro-Mag have? What about the ones for the Browning Hi-Power and 1911?

/Thanks
Old June 24, 2007, 11:51 AM   #2
DonR101395

I bought a couple for my P-85. They work great...................................................................................................for practicing malfunction drills. Other than that they are a worthless POJ. I've used them in the M9 and AK as well and had the same results. Get some Mec-Gar or factory mags.
Old June 24, 2007, 11:58 AM   #3
rantingredneck

I've got some promag and triple K brand 15 and 30 round magazines that run fine in my P89, but will jam every 5th or 6th round in my PC9. Only mags I've found that run in my PC9 are factory mags. I haven't tried any of the mec-gars though. Other PC9 owners on the board have reported good things on them.