The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old January 3, 2014, 07:14 PM   #1
Gary Slider

WI Honors MO (Partial) . . . NY Bullet Ban . . . Folder Knife Laws . . . Cold Weather

Wisconsin will honor the Missouri License issued/renewed on or after 8/28/13. The reason WI only honors those after the date is the way Missouri conducts background checks. This is the 4th state Wisconsin honors by a given date the permit/license was issued. Missouri Honors all other states permit/licenses. http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...ry/reciprocity

Though a court struck down the NY law that only allowed 7 rounds max to be loaded in a 10 rd mag one Prosecuting Attorney in NY has stated that only effects one part of the state and the law is still in effect in other parts of the state. It was just the NY Eastern Division Court that ruled on this matter. NY could also at any time get a stay in that ruling. Handgunlaw.us recommends you only load 7 rds in a mag in NY until this is finally settled. Use Caution! A link to the ruling can be found here: http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/a...gOn7RdMags.pdf

I have updated the Knife Law Document adding the knife laws for about 80 more cities. That makes over 500 cities listed in the document. This listing only applies to “Folding Type Knives.” The whole law is not listed but gives you the main points and a link to read the entire law. http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf You can access this link on www.handgunlaw.us by putting your mouse pointer over the Global Links at the top of the page “Knife Law Links” and that opens seven links below it. Click on “Knife Law Links” there to view the document. I went through 3000+ cities ordinances looking for additions. Do be aware that all cities that have knife laws are not listed. These are just the ones I could find.

On a side note with the very cold weather up north. 40 years ago when I was a young man I took my Ruger 10-22 squirrel hunting. 2” of snow on the ground and about -20 degrees. I love the woods when it is snowy and cold. Nothing more beautiful and peaceful. Don’t do that today when cold as the old bones won’t take it. I had cleaned and oiled that rifle a week or so earlier. When I pressed the safety off and took aim at a nice fox squirrel and pressed the trigger nothing happened. I thought it was a dud round and slowly ejected it and put another in the chamber. Again nothing happened. I checked the 2nd round and no dent in the rim. After getting home I checked it out and as soon as the firearm warmed up it worked just fine. I have a tendency to over lube my firearms. The gun oil had become too thick or actually froze and would not let the firing pin go forward and/or the extreme cold had closed up tolerances. Lubes today are much better than 40 years ago but do be aware that storing a firearm in a vehicle or unheated area in extreme cold could cause problems.

www.handgunlaw.us will be updated late this evening with the changes in who Wisconsin Honors.
Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.