The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 17, 2012, 11:42 PM   #1
deerslayer303

Woo Hoo! I think I'm finally a member of a Gun Club!

I met with the Secretary Friday at the range of one of the Clubs that is literally right down the road from my parents place (where I grew up). The president of the club was there too. What a nice place. Huge Back stops, even on the 2 pistol ranges. The pistol ranges are 60 yards each, and they have a 100 yard rifle range, and it even has grass on it. Its pretty no doubt. A very nice club to say the least. The president told me they are getting ready to push a 300 yard rifle range. I told him thats great and I'm joining at the right time them, I get to get my hands dirty and actually contribute. I have a Ford Tractor so I can put her to work. The best thing about it is the Club actually owns the property. And another neat thing is the old clay pit/mine where the rifle range is built now, is where I rode my dirt bike as a kid. I broke my right collar bone trying to climb a HUGE hill and well I didn't make it LOL. I'm stoked to say the least. I'm waiting on the officers to vote me in, so I got my fingers crossed.
Old March 18, 2012, 12:32 AM   #2
rtpzwms

Are they waiting to vote or see if your check clears? LOL Good Luck sounds like you'll be happy there.
Old March 18, 2012, 03:19 AM   #3
deerslayer303

Nope , I made sure I paid my dues with cash money, as to not delay the process any further.
Old March 19, 2012, 01:00 AM   #4
arcticap

Good for you, I can imagine how much it means to you.
Be sure to follow all of the rules and enjoy everything that the club has to offer.
Good luck.
Old March 19, 2012, 06:36 PM   #5
deerslayer303

YES SIR!! I got my member package in the mail today . I have read the rules quite a few times. And I will follow them to the letter. I don't want to do anything to mess it up. This place is too nice and too affordable to do anything stupid. So I'll be burning lost of good ole Black this weekend.