The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Closed Thread

Old October 12, 2012, 04:59 PM   #1
jaytothekizzay

ghetto style

Was at an outdoor, unmanned range recently...(which i love). and saw some of the funniest shooting ever. Im laughing right now just thinking about it.I am by no means a gun snob, but these guys took the cake.Thugmaster #1 who was tryin to teach his lil homie how to shoot was sportin the ever popular Lorcin .380 His partner had a nickle or chrome plated Jiminez 9 mm. The leader started to shoot first... Arm turned sideways, and thrusting his elbow out with every shot. Almost like he was a boxer throwing a jab. So after a watchful eye thugmaster #2 gave it a try. Sideways goes the arm, but without the jab. When all of a sudden i see him start hollerin and dancin. I thught that maybe he was performing a rap song, But come to find out his Jiminez was spittin hot casings into the air and one landed on the back of his neck... Thats when thugmaster#1 proceeded to tell his partner he was a fool, and thats the reason for the jab.(apparantly you are supposed to yell yeah, yeah, mutha #%#@a) after each shot as well. At this point I was getting such a kick out of these guys I decided to go talk to them... They were actually very funny. They asked me what kind of gat I was blastin with. They didnt seem to impressed with my "oldschool" 1911 with the "ancient looking" wood grips.But were very proud of the 2 beauties they just bought at a local gun show. After chatting it up for a few minutes they offered me to join them in smoking a blunt... I declined and was on my way...
gotta love it !!!!!
Old October 12, 2012, 05:24 PM   #2
Wyoredman

That is a great story to end the week on. Thanks a million!
Old October 12, 2012, 05:29 PM   #3
915A

Dang, now I have to change my shooting technique. I thought thats how you did it, LOL!
Old October 12, 2012, 05:30 PM   #4
Microgunner

Dat wuz u?
Old October 12, 2012, 06:07 PM   #5
AdrianVall

LMAO! Now this is hilarious..
Old October 12, 2012, 06:21 PM   #6
Sparks1957

Quote:
thrusting his elbow out with every shot. Almost like he was a boxer throwing a jab
Yeah, I've heard that adds hundreds of feet per second to the velocity of the bullet.
Old October 12, 2012, 06:28 PM   #7
745SW

"Sideways goes the arm"

Guess that means about the 9 o clock position with the right hand. I know it should never be done at the 3 o clock position with the right hand with a large caliber. Don't ask how I know.
Old October 12, 2012, 07:03 PM   #8
TheGoldenState

The best part of this, for me, isn't the gat blasters-as i'm sure we've all encountered our fair share to varying degrees-but rather the fact that you took it in stride and actually went over and talked to them to enjoy the carnage first hand. That's exactly what I would have done. Much more fun. Good on ya!

Even offered to pass the bleezy, how nice of them
Old October 12, 2012, 09:03 PM   #9
papadave

Shooting in that positition also increases the chance of a hot case going down your shirt. I watched a homeboy do that once. The whole firing line all found it rather funny.
Old October 12, 2012, 09:16 PM   #10
Tom Servo
Staff

Well, DJ Servo's here to interrupt the fat rhymes. Or something to that effect.

This one's not headed anywhere stimulating or productive.
Closed Thread