The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old May 25, 2012, 09:33 AM   #51
22-rimfire

There is nothing wrong with selling a firearm for any reason to include you just felt like it. I have not sold much of anything in the last 5 years, but am considering a change.

I sold off some long guns that I had no particular attachment to (even though some were my early purchases) and likely would never shoot again. Sports and hobbies change and evolve. They were gathering dust. It was not a money issue, but a storage issue.

I bought and sold a fair amount because it was fun. You might say it kept me playing the game with limited resources.
Old May 26, 2012, 06:25 AM   #52
TNT

I sold one of my Garands to pay bills once but it went to a good friend of mine that knew what it was and I knew he would take care of it. I was out of work for a few months and priorities had to come first so I sold it, I didnt want to but I did. IT was one of those things. My buddy also told me that if I wanted it back he would sell it back for the same price as well. I said no It was going to a good home. So I have a empty slot for a another Garand so day
Old May 27, 2012, 09:50 AM   #53
carprivershooter

thinking of selling a 1911

I am thinking about selling my Springfield Armory 1911 45 ACP, Loaded because I don't use it as a carry weapon. I don't like the beaver tail or the the ambi safety and it does not have the curved main spring housing on the grip. Why did I buy it you may ask? Because when I picked it up in the store it felt good in my hand and I liked the idea that it was stainless;or as my wife said it was shiny. "your like a raccoon you pick a shiny gun and you can't put down. I also have a Springfield Amory 1911 ACP Mil-Spec (not stainless) that I carry often, no beaver tail or ambi safety and it has the the main spring curve on the grip. I shot it more because it fits and feels better in my hand.

I have sold 2 other guns, one was a Taurus 1911 I had to send it back twice to be repaired. The second was also a Taurus Mag 6" barrel that was sold to fund another gun. When I sold both guns the money from the sale went into the safe until I found the gun I wanted in that case it was a Henry Big Boy 44 MAG. Big Heavy and shoots straight and will drive tacks at 100 yards.
Old May 27, 2012, 10:00 AM   #54
Johannes_Paulsen

I sell it when I'd rather have the money than the gun.

Usually it's because: (a) I'm not currently carrying it on a regular basis, (b) I'm indifferent about the option to have it to carry/use, and (c) it doesn't have any sort of sentimental or aesthetic value for me.
Old May 27, 2012, 08:22 PM   #55
baccusboy

I sell when I want something else. I try not to have too many guns around, mainly because I am out of the USA much of the year.

Tags
gun , sell