The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 6, 2011, 09:04 AM   #851
Hunter2678

Hey

Hi, I joined back in march so Im fairly new to this forum, however I'm a longtime member on many other hunting/bowhunting sites so look me up there under the same username .. in any case I really love guns, talking about guns, shooting guns & trading or buying guns... always have..& thats why Im here.
Old April 6, 2011, 01:07 PM   #852
elnielsen

I just joined to reply to a black powder post. I recently joined The High Road, TFL, Calguns.net, saiga-12 forum, and a grip of 4x4 forums.

I'll probably stick to Calguns primarily. This is because I read posts on national forums like "how do I increase the cyclic rate of my MAC-10", or "Is a 50 round clip excessive?", or "How many rocket tubes can I legally mount in the bed of my pickup truck".

And then I cry because I live in Kalifornia. Everything is awesome here except being a gun owner.
Old April 7, 2011, 01:16 PM   #853
PeteS

New forum member

I just joined and am looking forward to swapping information to and from the forum. I shoot Bullseye, Steel Plates and Silhouettes. Mostly .22 with a S&W model 46. I also have a S&W mod 22A, plus shoot rifle matches.

I'm retired and don't re-load ammo, so I don't shoot my S&W M&P compact
9mm too often.
Old April 9, 2011, 09:34 AM   #854
eddieg1274

Just a little about me

Hi TFL! I joined the site a little bit ago and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm from Michigan and am an avid shooter. My collection of firearms, over the years, has become a bit smaller, but I still come across some deals that I can't pass up. It's nice being a part of this site cuz I usually have a lot of questions about some of the firearms I come across. Looking forward to getting some answers and sharing some things with evryone!
Old April 10, 2011, 03:46 PM   #855
BunnyWabbit

BunnyWabbit

I'm from NE Kansas. Have my conceal carry permit. Handguns I carry are an LCP .380 (Raspberry), Taurus Slim 9mm and SP-101 .327. I don't believe you can ever have too many guns and I am still adding to my collection. Before I got into shooting I was heavily into archery. I believe this world has gone to hell and I never thought I'd have to carry a gun to protect myself. Now I don't leave home without one. And I am a female. Don't want anyone to think I am some gay guy with a pink gun.
Old April 11, 2011, 03:17 PM   #856
M2011A1

I'm 23 and currently living in Indiana. I have a lifetime permit, a Taurus TCP that I carry nearly 24/7, and a SA 1911 Loaded that I just bought. I grew up shooting rifles and hunting, but am new to handguns. I decided to join because everytime I googled for information this forum came up! I'm thinking about getting into competition shooting a little, and just having fun with the sport of it. Thanks for all the great information that this forum has put out there. I look forward to learning a lot on here.

Seth
Old April 11, 2011, 03:35 PM   #857
Outlaw81

Hello out there!!!!

I'm Jacob from SE OK. 29 years old and been hunting solo for about 21 years. I've had the luxury of inheriting a fine collection of Belgium Brownings, Win 70's, Mannlicher's, Rem 700's, Savages, & Kimber Rifles. I started reloading when I was eleven (with Dad & Grandpa of course!), and by no means do I know it all, but I may have a good piece of advice or two!!! Holler at me if you have any questions about any of the above rifles, hunting, or even if ya need to get rid of a rifle that's just beggin to be sold. I'm not incredibly partial to any particular brand of anything. That includes reloading. I know it sounds funny, but when you've been at this particular hobby for as long as I have, it's about the perfection of the machine, consistency of the reload, and grace of the shooter. Very glad to be here.
Old April 11, 2011, 07:18 PM   #858
1/2John

Hi all, I from Md, new to this board, but not new to Firearms. I prefer military style weapons WWII to present day. Married w/ one little girl and a son on the way.
I'm just here to try and pickup some knowledge. I'll prpbably "lurk" more than post for a while.
John
Old April 12, 2011, 07:21 AM   #859
new_scopeshooter

Hello just saying hi. Looking forward to all the help I will get here!
Old April 13, 2011, 01:36 PM   #860
chadstrickland

Lol...green as grass noob here people..lol..ima oil changing hick from alabama who also has a somwhat rag tag machine shop and im finishing up my 1 year machine technology course...which basically turns a retard into a retard that doesn't want to stick his hand into a running lathe ...19 years old but I know everything lol jk..hate those kinda people...I love guns shooting and working on them..and have recently got into ( assembling ) and building a lil bit my own guns...( mostly ak47 )...haha I know there easy..but still ..ima hick ..
Two weapons that was designed by the same man still in use by the us military 100 years later...1911 and m2...is there anything that comes close.....lol annd maybe perhaps a sig sauer p226 tac ops edition..
Old April 15, 2011, 06:49 AM   #861
R_Fury

New to the forum...

I belong to a couple of others as well, Always looking for more info.

Big time into shooting, been doing so since I could stand. It is my passion.
Old April 15, 2011, 11:42 AM   #862
Art S.

New Be from Texas

Hi,
Purdy much born and raised in South East Texas (Houston Area)Worked on cars most of my early years. Then started teaching others how to. At 54 I am trying a new line of work. Trying to teach basic handgun and concealed carry classes. Hope to learn some things from all you on the forum. Hopefully I can add some useful input as well. Dad gave me my first 22 rifle At 9. trying to go from amature to useful.

Thanks,
Art S.
Old April 16, 2011, 02:35 PM   #863
GM2

Hello From Retcop

Hello everyone I am a retired Police Lieutenant and a vet of the US Navy. I live in upstate South Carolina and enjoy Hunting. I am the owner of several Rifles, Shotguns and Handguns. I like shooting them and swapping gun talk with others that like the same.

I am a strong advocate of the U.S. Constitution: Second Amendment
Old April 17, 2011, 07:24 PM   #864
45K20E4

Yep...another newbie

Hello All....just joining after reading various posts over time.

I am a member at a few other weapon specific forums, but they often are too focused to give me the info I am looking for on "other" firearms or reloading. Every time I search something The Firing Line comes up, so I figured I might as well join!
Old April 20, 2011, 03:14 AM   #865
doublesocks32

New

I only own two guns as of right now, kimber custom II and 870 express shotgun. Thanks I'm TJ.
Old April 20, 2011, 05:25 AM   #866
Vince44

Been around awhile, but never introduced myself. Retired Navy still working for the government. Live in Maryland and have been hunting and shooting since I was around 10. An "about to be grandfather" now of 55 and still love guns, hunting and target shooting. Never had an AR before and just bought my first one. One reason I joined was the abundance of knowledgeable folks that are on this forum. You can get just about anything you want to know about any gun here or they can tell you where to get the information.

Last edited by Vince44; April 20, 2011 at 05:31 AM.
Old April 21, 2011, 10:13 AM   #867
madlink

I joined TFL a couple of days ago. This looks like a really good site, as fora go, for discussion of firearms issues of all kinds.

I have been around guns (mostly long guns) ever since I was about 11 years old (I'm 61 now!). About 10 years ago (just before 9/11) I began to get interested in the erosion of our rights, and thus had the light come on that I needed to get serious about things like the 2nd Amendment, and that came around to my getting serious about personal protection and carrying. So I have had my CHP for 10 years, and I have been shooting USPSA for about that same amount of time.

I teach NRA Pistol Basics, and I am also a Concealed Carry instructor in North Carolina.

I load my own ammunition (9x19, 9x17, .38 Special, .45 acp, .45 Colt). In addition to about 8 handguns, I have 4 rifles and 3 shotguns. My small gun safe is jam packed!

I look forward to learning from you folks who know a lot more about handguns (and long guns!) than I do.
Old April 21, 2011, 04:33 PM   #868
wyogunaholic

My name is Chuck and I am a gunaholic! I doubt TFL can cure me The wife thinks I need help

I have been around guns all my life and only recently started buying them. I blame my dad for this. We went to a gun show a few years ago and told him how I liked the Garands. Last year for my birthday he bought me one and now my disease is full blown

A friend of mine told me that when you buy one gun, it gets lonely. So you buy another gun. And when they are in they safe together, stuff happens and they pro-create and soon after you have baby guns that need all the loving attention of the very first gun you got. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Looking forward to learning tons of information from everybody.
Old April 24, 2011, 03:41 PM   #869
squeezeplae

hello

Hello, im an older shooter with recent aquisition of older rifles. I have some questions and have posted them on the smithy. I have many different pistols and rifles in all actions. This seems like a good place to discuss firearms ,and have questions answered .Thanks for this forum.
Old April 27, 2011, 04:10 PM   #870
Fifthwheel

Hello Gentlemen

I'm new to this forum.I come seeking good conversation,facts,tips,and knowledge.I'm tired of the way people on some forums only wish to snipe at others posts,engage in one-ups-manship,or belittle others.So if this is more of the same,somebody tell me so.
Old April 28, 2011, 08:02 AM   #871
penugine

new to TFL

Good morning....Tallahassean gun owner glad to meet all of you.
Old April 29, 2011, 09:08 PM   #872
Ambishot

New to forums, not to shooting

After visiting this forum for almost a year, I decided that it was finally time to sign up and contribute to the conversations instead of merely viewing them as an outsider.

I've been shooting since 12, a hunter since 15, not to mention an enthusiast and war history buff since I could hold a squirt gun. I look forward to learning more from this community. Oh and I am from CO.

Hello all!

Ambishot
Old April 30, 2011, 11:58 PM   #873
canyon

I'm 19 and have been hunting with my grandfather since I was 8. I'm new to tactical firearms but learn new things everyday. Nice to be part of your forum.
Old May 1, 2011, 02:58 PM   #874
Stumpy

Good day from Australia

Well I'm not the first Aussie on this forum and will not be the last.
Have been a hunter with rifles/bows for more than 30 years. Did give it away when my hunting partner died in 1995. This was my father and had hunted with him since I can remember.
Game we chased in those years,wild goats,wild pigs,foxes and rabbits. Have had many rifles in those years and in 1996 when the powers that be decided to bring in gun licences I desposed of 35 rifles and ammo. Could not be bothered with all the hassles at that time. Had not be hunting in any form since my father died but fast forward to this year and the old feel came back.
Ran into an old mate and he invited me to a deer hunt. Well now I'm in the throws of getting my licence (takes up to 10 weeks ) then I can apply for a permit to buy ( takes 4-6 weeks). Then of to the gun shop and pick up my Howa 308. This is already waiting to be picked up but need all the above first.
Well I should have my new rifle in hand by mid August that how I figure it will take. First hunt will be in October when we have a long weekend,but will be at the range getting some long awaited practise. Well thats a little about me and the hoops we have to jump through in Australia to get a licence.
This is for a rifle/shot gun/ only licence!!!!!!
Bye all till next time
Old May 2, 2011, 08:43 PM   #875
NoMoreOp4

Hello all,

Just joined, but I have referenced this forum for quite some time. There is a wealth of knowledge available on here, and I hope to learn more and also contribute.

I've got a youtube channel dedicated to gear, guns, and related reviews, check it out here and subscribe if you like it, thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/user/NoMoreOp4?feature=mhum

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent