The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 24, 2016, 02:18 PM   #1
valkabit6

Loading 10 gauge..

I don't currently load any shotshells, but I'm looking into buying a 10 gauge, If I do, I assume I'll end up reloading to save money, I do load for pistols, so I'm familiar with the basic idea.

From what I've seen a good manual is the best place to start, can anyone suggest the best manual for 10 gauge?

I'm looking at presses, from what I've seen I'm liking the PW 375. I've watched videos of the sizemaster & the pw375, both seem very capable, but I like the way the pw supports the entire hull. I'm also under the impression I can easily swap gauges on the 375? If I do start loading 10 gauge, I'll probably want to load buckshot for 12 gauge as well.

Anything other presses I should consider? No Lee presses please, had one, didn't like it, wore out & had to continually fiddle with it, my Dillon is way better.
Old December 24, 2016, 07:59 PM   #2
Chainsaw.

Im of zero help for reloading but I will ask, why 10 guage?
Old December 24, 2016, 08:23 PM   #3
valkabit6

I like big guns. I have several magnum handguns, including a .454 Casull. I had a 10 gauge when I was a kid (18?), I've been wanting another.
Old December 28, 2016, 12:58 AM   #4
Tad_T

I have a 10 gauge MEC 600 Jr. It's set up with a short kit to load 2 7/8" 10 gauge rounds for my Parker NH 10.

The MEC's come stock set up to load 3 1/2" 10 gauge.

Mine works well. I've had no problems with it. It costs about half the price of the PW 375.

I've heard good things about the PW presses but I have no personal experience with them.