The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old August 6, 2006, 01:38 PM   #1
45man

Ump 45

Has anyone here fired a UMP 45, or own one? They seem to be solid weapons, but not too many things have been said about them. I can't really argue about an H&K in .45ACP, but I wonder how good it is. Thanks in advance.
Old August 6, 2006, 03:49 PM   #2
Chaingunner

If I recall correctly, the gun was produced after 1986, so you know what THAT means.

As far as how good they are is concerned, they're just supposed to be slight improvements on the MP5, and chambered in .45ACP, which means that they should, in fact, be worth a damn. For the record, they also come in .40 and 9mm (UMP40 and UMP9).

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis."
Old August 6, 2006, 11:20 PM   #3
Epyon

From my experience...

and my experience with full auto weapons being only from the game Counterstrike. The UMP is CRAP! Only n00bs use it and it has a slow rate of fire compared to the MP5!!

Epyon
Vote Epyon for president in 2008, if you vote for Epyon all of your wildest dreams will come true: This campaign was brought to you by Epyon; funded in part by the Pizza Party, Surprise Party, Birthday Party, and Slumber Party.
Old August 9, 2006, 09:39 PM   #4
atlantadad

Ump 45

I have one in semi - it rocks! Trigger reset is very quick (2mm) and it will walk you back if you are not paying attention due to the light weight. HK will not offer any 9mm parts, 40 SW setups are getable but pricy. HK is also stopping production of all stamped rifles in a few years and going with polymer only.