The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old December 4, 2006, 10:56 AM   #1
WSM MAGNUM

Picture Question Again

I could not find the answer to my question in past threads or from search on posting pictures. So, how do I post the picture itself on threads and not the link to them?

If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?
Old December 4, 2006, 12:35 PM   #2
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

How To Post Pictures (Windows)

At the top left of your screen, right above the "reply" button, you'll see "user cp" (control panel). Click on that. There will be a column of boxes on the left under the control panel. The bottom box is "miscellaneous". The bottom entry in that box is "attachments". Open that and you will see a list of all the pictures you've uploaded.

Find the picture you want to post and right click on the file name. At the bottom of the window that opens is "properties". Click on that and a new window will open. You'll see the picture's address (url). It will be something like...

http;//www.thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21226&d=116382

Now, copy that to your windows clipboard. Be sure to get all of it. Exit the control panel, go back to your post, and place your cursor where you want the top left corner of the picture to be.

Then, above the text box are your choices in font style, etc. There is a little yellow box with mountains & the sun. Click that and [IMG ] and [/IMG] will appear in the text box. The cursor should be flashing between them. Now, paste the URL you copied to the clipboard between them.

Hit "submit reply", and your picture should appear. Remember to be careful of the picture's size. JPEGs about 640 X 480 are OK and are big enough to view comfortably.

If the link to your picture is to another picture hosting web site, simply put the entire link between the [ IMG] and [/IMG] tags as described above.

All of this is assuming you're running Windows. (I'm using XP). If you're a MAC user, someone else will have to help you, but I hope this helps.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Old December 4, 2006, 05:07 PM   #3
tyme
Staff

In short...
[url] is for links.
[img] is for inline images.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)