The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Closed Thread

Old October 3, 2009, 03:26 PM   #1
c.j.sikes

true story about factory ammo.

some years ago my friend and i were at a range shooting several cal. rifle. scrounge for brass i found a factory 30-30 round loaded. we both sot 30-30 rifles, i ask if he wonted to shot the shell i found? not me, might wreck my rifle, i wil stick to my handloads, how bout you,he ask. not me , i dont trust them fac. loads i said and the round is stil on the bench when we left. iguss that is dedication to the known rather than the unknown. cjs
Old October 3, 2009, 07:49 PM   #2
Double Naught Spy

How do you know the round you found was factory loaded?

So your true story is that you and your friend won't shoot factory ammo?
Old October 3, 2009, 07:55 PM   #3
hoytinak

Quote:
some years ago my friend and i were at a range shooting several cal. rifle. scrounge for brass i found a factory 30-30 round loaded. we both sot 30-30 rifles, i ask if he wonted to shot the shell i found? not me, might wreck my rifle, i wil stick to my handloads, how bout you,he ask. not me , i dont trust them fac. loads i said and the round is stil on the bench when we left. iguss that is dedication to the known rather than the unknown.
What are you trying to say?
Old October 3, 2009, 08:19 PM   #4
alloy

I snatch em up and yank the bullets and primers and cases.
Old October 3, 2009, 08:44 PM   #5
orionengnr

Hope your hand loading and shooting abilities are better than your spelling and sentence composition abilities.

Then again, couldn't help but be...
Old October 3, 2009, 09:52 PM   #6
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

I'm old and frugal, I would have put it in my pocket and it would have gone in my ammo box when I got home if it passed visual inspection. I once found a 348 cartridge in the woods a year after I lost it in the snow. Put it in my pocket, it got mixed with my other ammo and it all got shot eventually. Never noticed a bum round in the lot. Ammo is tough and this wasn't exactly the cool and dry conditions you hope for.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--
Old October 3, 2009, 10:22 PM   #7
JohnKSa
Staff

A carefully considerd thread closing statement would disrupt the tone of the thread established by the OP.

Therefore, here is the thread close reason: